Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is something I just wanted to share.
I had a buddy stop over yesterday and I was telling him about my shooting day. I told him as I was adjusting my scope, I had it set a lil low. I fired two rounds before I caught it. Then I told him what I found. He looked at me a lil strange so I asked him if he wanted to see it. He said yes. So I showed him.
Now this is looking from my pistol range bench back up the hill to my rifle range bench.

This picture is looking down the hill down toward me targets, the way the rounds are flying. The one on the left is just a skim on top of the 2x6 and the one on the right is where it went a lil lower. You can see where it buckled the wood as it was going through the 2x6 before it went deeper.

Look where the round came out of the 2x6. That is about 80 feet away from where I pulled the trigger and I am using 4.0 grains of tite group powder using home made wheel weights for the bullets.

I had to sand the seat down and used a rattle can of red spray paint to cover it up.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Sorry I don't really understand this post.... Were these just bullets that went wide or bad hand made bullets?? I have seen your targets before and if you hit a 2X6 it was because you aimed at it. Please enlighten me.

Tony

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Morning Tony,
I was adjusting my scope that day and had it set a little low, that is why I hit the 2x6. What surprised me was that the bullet from my carbine went through the 6 inch part of the board and kept on going. I'm not loading hot loads. I thought I would post it and show people to be careful of what is behind their target. If my lead can do that to a 2x6, it can go through a car door or a house wall. 6 inches of treated wood is a solid piece of wood. Remember,, this is just a 9mm pistol round that I am using in my carbine. The post was more or less a warning to be careful. Gun safety is a good subject to hit on every now and again.

First rule of safety,, "Keep your booger hook on the bang switch"

1/2 lower and this guy would of had a bad day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hq1jyp8qK0

Just a stupid move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHdg3yeU2iY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts