Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you can't find the Bersa ( even if you CAN ) have you looked at the FEG AP7's available from J&G Sales ( $199) . I'm impressed by them, and they fit my Bersa IWB holster, too. :)

Reactions: Tony1990

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
If you can't find the Bersa ( even if you CAN ) have you looked at the FEG AP7's available from J&G Sales ( $199) . I'm impressed by them, and they fit my Bersa IWB holster, too. :)
Brentb636 you deserve a big AtaBoy for talking about the FEG guns. Reason: I never heard of a FEG gun so I checked it out and found out a lot of info on them. However the info of interest in the following QUOTE " The hammer spring is a pretty hefty number, too, so when the hammer is down the combination of the two springs require the shooter to put some effort into retracting the slide to inspect the chamberon a FEG 63- 380. The slide serrations aren’t just cosmetic, they are a help in this operation." UNQUOTE. I tried it out on my Bersa Thunder 380 and it does making racking the BT 380 easier. With an EMPTY gun, safety off, mag out ( to be safe while trying this) I pulled the hammer back and racked it. It did make a difference racking it which is something some people had problems with. I will be passing info along and hopefully will make a lot of Bersa owners happy.
Again thanks since this has helped out my wife.
:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I only discovered the FEG's when I was looking to buy a Walther PP, to add to my "used cop gun collection". The FEG AP series ( AP7, AP9, PA-63, and others) are well built copies of the Walther PP on a titanium/aluminum frame , that were put into service with the Hungarian Military and Police forces. Instead of buying the Walther, I started buying the FEG's . I have two in the house, and two more arriving today at my LGS. That gives me a basic collection . :)
1. PA-63 - 9mm Makarov
2. PA-63 (AP9) 9mm Kurz (380)
3. SMC 380 9mm Kurz
4. AP7 7.65mm ( 32 ACP)

They use many common parts, spring packs are readily available for both recoil and hammer tension, so you can tune your pistol pretty easily. Walnut grips are available at grips4u.net . They seem to start around $200 for Very Good condition, and prices go up from there. I expect the 9mm Makarov model to be a handful, but I have new recoil springs to hopefully make it a bearable shooter. Good way to build a poor man's collection of Walther copies. :) Two pics show AP7 as shipped and dressed up with new grips. Handsome gun.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory White Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

Reactions: Lex and Tony1990

·
Registered
12 Posts
I learned about cocking the hammer from my previous Sig P232, which was a "bear" to chamber a round. Cocking the hammer first was the only option on this fine, but new and stiff weapon. :)
Brent

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had an F.E.G. AP/FN a few years ago. I liked it, but ended up trading it for a H & R Sportsman in .22lr.
It was a pretty good firearm. I just think that .32 A.C.P. is a little light, and have gone to .380 A.C.P. as my minimum personal defence round.
.32 A.C.P. typically gives 125 to 170 ft/lbs M.E. B.B. now has a +P that is rated 225 ft/lbs, about the same as .380 A.C.P. Fiocchi makes a non +P at about 200 ft/lbs M.E. That's what I had then. Good luck finding it, now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you had any luck locating a .32?
Yep, J&G Sales has the .32 cal for $199 . That's the AP7 in my signature, comes with two magazines and mine is quite nice. I've put Walnut grips on it and changed the hammer spring to a new 11# spring . My only wish would be for a dove-tailed front sight so I could put a FO rod up there to help my old eyes. Dream on !! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cool, and good luck with the F.E.G. As I said, mine was really good. I just wanted a .380, which is why I eventully got my BT-380. BTW, your price was pretty good, too. That's only about $15 more than what I had into mine with the extra magazine. This was 4 or so years ago, well before the current price frenzy.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Racking the slide on pistles

"I pulled the hammer back and racked it. It did make a difference racking it which is something some people had problems with. I will be passing info along and hopefully will make a lot of Bersa owners happy."

As a woman and on behalf of women every where who would not even consider getting pistol due to difficulty in racking a slide, I thank you!

It's also the reason I only have single/double action pistols. I cock the hammer for first shot for better accuracy, obviously, with finger off trigger.
Also best way to rack slide is, hold gun with dominant hand, rack with off hand in a punching motion. Learned that at Ladies Shooting Leauge range session

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
"I pulled the hammer back and racked it. It did make a difference racking it which is something some people had problems with. I will be passing info along and hopefully will make a lot of Bersa owners happy."

As a woman and on behalf of women every where who would not even consider getting pistol due to difficulty in racking a slide, I thank you!

It's also the reason I only have single/double action pistols. I cock the hammer for first shot for better accuracy, obviously, with finger off trigger.
Also best way to rack slide is, hold gun with dominant hand, rack with off hand in a punching motion. Learned that at Ladies Shooting Leauge range session
Welcome on board from the Lone Star State. DF/W area.
Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts