Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Tulammo 9mm brass case in a Bersa thunder ult 3.5' and how dose it work in the long run. also talammo 9mm in steel case in a Bersa thunder ult 3.5'.
I ran across a load of it at a good price so i got it 1000 rd brass 100 rd of steel.... good or bad i got it tell me if you have used it i know it has a bad rap but it looks good.

Reactions: Tony1990

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Has anyone used Tulammo 9mm brass case in a Bersa thunder ult 3.5' and how dose it work in the long run. also talammo 9mm in steel case in a Bersa thunder ult 3.5'.
I ran across a load of it at a good price so i got it 1000 rd brass 100 rd of steel.... good or bad i got it tell me if you have used it i know it has a bad rap but it looks good.
I have never used Steel case ammo only because everyone I talked to about it said I should not use it in my pistols, and this is from people that have used steel case ammo in pistols. Jamming was the problem.
I got the following from the internet.

Steel casings vs Brass casings for Ammo
At first you might not think there would be that much of a difference between brass and steel casings. But there is. First from a cost perspective Brass is much more expensive than Steel. Spot prices for Brass run around $2.60 / lb to $3.00 / lb. That is the scrap metal market value. If you were to take some brass to a recycling center you are likely to get much less ( maybe half ). Steel on the other hand runs around $800 / tonne ( 2204 lbs ), or about $0.36 / lb.

However what you might save in money you will lose in reliability. Brass is a very smooth alloy, that allows very little friction between your gun's internals and other bullets. Steel on the other hand is not quite a smooth. The difference is obvious even before you shoot your first round. Load a magazine using Steel Cased bullets, then load a magazine with Brass cased bullets. Notice how much harder it is to load the Steel Casings. This is because there is increased friction between the rounds. When shooting everything seems normal, but then you get a couple jams, where the shells did not eject correctly after being fired.
Personal Experiences with TulAmmo 9mm Steel
Through the course of shooting a 50 round box of TulAmmo 9mm I had 4 Jams. The round fired but the casings did not eject correctly. This was using my Glock 17 which I bought new a month ago, and have fired about 200 rounds through it previously ( without a single problem ). However I have not cleaned my gun since purchasing it, and there is some definite powder reside on the internals and barrel. So its possible that these jams were due to a dirty gun. However I also fired off a box of 50 rounds of Brass cased bullets right after the steel cased bullets, and didn't have a single jam.

Have you tried it yourself.
:cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hate to "swim against the tide" but I've shot a LOT of TULA and Wolf steel-cased ammo through my Glocks and had no problems that I can remember. Have not used any in my Bersa Thunder 380 so I can't speak to that. But in the Glocks, nary a problem. No jams, FTEject, Fire or Feed. I've used it in both 9mm and 45 acp. Still got probably 900+ rounds in 9mm to use so I hope my luck with it holds out!

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Robhic, answer a question for me that I have been meaning to ask for a while. Is your Avatar ( picture of a orange cat ) Holding his breath or does he have a mouth full of Lasagna.

:confused:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Robhic, answer a question for me that I have been meaning to ask for a while. Is your Avatar ( picture of a orange cat ) Holding his breath or does he have a mouth full of Lasagna.

It's an orange cat, alright, but he's got a mouthful of canary! :eek: I cropped just the cat from something about "the cat that ate the canary" and finally used it here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The expansion is also a big difference between steel and brass cases. Not to mention the coating that they apply to the steel cases to keep rust at bay, it can also stick to your chamber and cause problems if not cleaned thoroughly after shooting steel.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Here is a selection of wonderful recipes for homemade beauty regimens are not only the skin, but also very sensitive to the environment.
Welcome to the Bersa Pistol Forum from The Lone Star State. Glad to have you board.

Did you forget the recipes????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Used both but most ranges here don't want you to use steel casing ammo. Walmart has that brand in brass and steel for $15.00, 9mm and .380

1 - 9 of 9 Posts