Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm against any attempt to modify the safety features of the Bersa 380 series. The BT380 was my first gun and thought all would have that feature. I was surprised and disappointed that my 9UC did not have this feature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm against any attempt to modify the safety features of the Bersa 380 series. The BT380 was my first gun and thought all would have that feature. I was surprised and disappointed that my 9UC did not have this feature.
Thank you for your input, but I find it a useless feature that was created for those unable to follow the basic rules of gun safety.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How can it be disabled. It's a totally different setup than the single stack.
I can't seem to find any solution.
This may be a little late but I found a way to disable the mag disconnect.
1. Take off the right grip. 2. There is a trigger bar with a spring above it. 3. Take out the trigger bar ( you really don't have to do this, if you don't do this just pull the spring under the trigger bar.). 4. When you put the trigger bar back in put the spring below the trigger bar, it will push the trigger bar up as if there were a mag in. 5. Put the grip back on.
Note:
What this does is it makes the gun think it has a mag in it. My Bersa Plus dry fires without a mag. The only problem is that when you take the slide off to clean the gun. When you put the slide back on the trigger bar will be sticking up just a bit. All you have to do is push the slide down to push the trigger bar down (at this point be careful with your hands or something will pinch you). If this seems too complex for you ignore what I just said or get someone who is more comfortable taking the gun apart to help you. Also, be aware that this should not hurt the warranty because all you have to do before you send it in is put the spring back where it was.

Have fun!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried this and found too much tension was put on the Drawbar spring. The manual safety became too stiff and the weapon would not rack a round properly. After looking at the parts diagram, I think the solution may be found in one of two ways:

Filing down the Automatic Safety or removing (part number 57) the Drawbar Spring (part number 28) to release some of the tension on the Drawbar. I think the easiest way would be to modify the Drawbar Spring as it requires less disassembly of the firearm.

I intend to order two Drawbar Springs, my wife and I each have a Bersa Thunder Plus, and see what it takes to make it work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How can it be disabled. It's a totally different setup than the single stack.
I can't seem to find any solution.
Just took a close look at my Thunder plus. The upper grip screw hole gave me an idea. One MIGHT be able to drill and tap a small screw hole at the same level as the protrusion on the installed magazine. Then after installing a short screw just allow the spring to rest on the screw instead of the magazine??? I have not tried this yet, just throwing it out there for now. If I decide to give this a try I'll add more later. This would be a minor mod to the gun but all one would have to do to go back to normal operation would be to just remove the screw. Yet another even easier fix that would appear to work on mine would be to just replace the upper right grip screw with one just a bit longer. Then allow the spring to rest on the longer screw. I was able to put a small nail (pinewood derby axle) in the upper grip screw hole. This allowed the gun do dry fire without a magazine just fine. This would be a super easy fix. Just replace one screw, remove the opposite grip and move the spring over the new screw shazam... Then to go back to original just replace the new screw with the old one! Anyone know where we could find a longer grip screw????????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts