Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum and new to the Bersa brand and in particular the Thunder 380cc.
I got my wife the regular Thunder 380 and I liked it so much I decided to get the 380cc
for myself.

There is no problem field stripping the regular 380, comes apart like a dream.
But, the 380cc is a S.O.B. to take down. I figured with time it would get easier
but it hasen't. The problem is the edge of the hammer block head catches on the top
of the the barrel chamber and frame as you try to pull the slide off of the frame.
The top of the barrel chamber doesn't show any ware but the frame is getting
bright. Also the edge of the fireing pin block is beginning to shine. I have field
stripped the 380cc over 100 times and the take down has gotten a little easier but
I have to wear gloves now, my hands are raw.

The only solution I see is to round the edge of the hammer block head and smooth
it out with a ceramic stone. Anyone have any other ideas? If I send it back for
repairs, will they correct the problem or jus install a new slide?

Thanks for any input you can offer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Gary. I have a Bersa FireStorm .380, budget priced clone of your Thunder. It's a dream to dis. & re-assemble. If I had the issue you describe with your new cc I'd send it back in under warranty as it could get tricky if you attempt it and nullify your warranty.

·
Registered
242 Posts
First things first, like Lex has done in the above post. Welcome to the forum from the great state of Texas. I'm not anyplace close to being a gunsmith or an expert on these guns. Learned most of what I know on Youtube or from advice of other owners. I don't own a CC model, but if I understand it correctly, the field strip on the CC and the T380 is basically the same. I have two of the standard versions. I had basically the same problems with my first one when it was new. First problem was getting in too big a hurry. They are prone to be a very tight when new, so turn the gun upside down and put about three small drops of lube where it will hit the slide rail on both sides. Then rack the slide several times to insure that you have spread the lube on the rails. Make sure you have the slide released fully forward, for me I have found that it helps to push on the slide release closer to it tip where I can ensure that I have it fully back. Push the slide back firmly with slight up pressure and wiggle the slide slightly up and down as you get to the end of the slide rails. Don't lift the slide too high as it causes binding of the slide on the frame. On reassembly, the biggest mistakes I've seen and done myself are not getting the barrel into the end of the slide, elevation the slide too high and like taking it apart, not getting or keeping the slide fully back. Hope this has been of some help, best of luck with it.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Welcome to Bersa Pistol Forum from the Lone Star State.

I have not had the problem you described with your BT380cc however I have from the start use a little NRA synthetic gun grease on the slide and only on the slide. The only problem I had on my BT380cc was with the slide catch assy and replacing the slide catch solved that problem.

9UC said he had a problem putting the slide back on a few times and the attachment may help with this problem.

tn_Bersa gun info.jpg

Looking from the front of the barrel ( with no mag, bullets or slide in it ) I place the end of the spring at about the 10 o'clock position and do not have a problem with reinstalling the slide.

Tony
Again Welcome Gary C

Reactions: 9UC

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to Bersa Pistol Forum from the Lone Star State.

I have not had the problem you described with your BT380cc however I have from the start use a little NRA synthetic gun grease on the slide and only on the slide. The only problem I had on my BT380cc was with the slide catch assy and replacing the slide catch solved that problem. 9UC said he had a problem putting the slide back on a few times and the attachment may help with this problem. Looking from the front of the barrel ( with no mag, bullets or slide in it ) I place the end of the spring at about the 10 o'clock position and do not have a problem with reinstalling the slide.

View attachment 533
Tony
Again Welcome Gary C
Ok Tony, Where were you and that picture 7+ years ago when I needed that picture and had to learn about getting the upper tip of the barrel onto the rim the hard way. Just kidding, to be truthful, I did not find out about Bersa forums until about 3 months after I bought my first 380 and had to learn the hard way. I have saved that picture to file to help me explain that on any future inquires.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Ok Tony, Where were you and that picture 7+ years ago when I needed that picture and had to learn about getting the upper tip of the barrel onto the rim the hard way. Just kidding, to be truthful, I did not find out about Bersa forums until about 3 months after I bought my first 380 and had to learn the hard way. I have saved that picture to file to help me explain that on any future inquires.
Many many moons ago someone posted it to help another Bersa user and I save it for future reference. A lot of what I have learned about Bersa's ( also helps with other guns too ) I got from more experienced Bersa users on this forum and I try to pass it along to other users when ever possible. Heck I still get tips from this forum.

thumbup.gif

Reactions: 9UC

·
Registered
242 Posts
Speaking of saving info to help other owners, since this thread opened I renewed my efforts in trying to remember the name of, and have been looking looking for a member who up until a little over a year ago posted on another forum a bunch of DIY photos of minor Bersa maintenance. For whatever reason he disappeared from the site. I really thought highly of the guy and his advise and photo gallery and was a little stunned to see him disappear. Finally got lucky tonight, other than finding my car keys, and located where his files have been moved. Would suggest that the following link be copied to a file for future reference.

Jack Petersen's Library | Photobucket

Reactions: Tony1990

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tony1990,
I've had my Firestorm .380 for about two weeks now. I've rubbed my hands nearly raw trying to 'crack the code' of reassembling my pistol. One time the gun would go back together easily and the next time I would have to fight it to frustration. Mine. Your illustration solved the "Mystery of the Reluctant Bersa" for me. Thanks for posting this. Bersa should put your illustration in all their packaging. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts