Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newly acquired (used) Thunder 380 will not fire in double action mode. When pulling the trigger, the Hammer is pulled back and trips -- and leaves a dimple in the primer but not sufficient to fire.
Fires fine in single action mode.

I first had a trigger issue not returning to firing position. (responded to others with similar issue) Found the wood slab grips (Bersa) were rubbing on the drawbar. Used a dremmel to remove a little wood in the grip where the drawbar travels and where the spring is attached lower in the frame - No more trigger issue.

When I was at the range, the range master loosened the right grip and it fired fine in all modes. Rack the slide, apply safety, remove safety and fired in double action mode. After modifying the grip again, headed to the woods for some test shots. Same problem -- Double action mode -- hammer drops -- dimple in primer -- no fire. I even removed the grip and it still will not fully drop the hammer in DA mode.

Tried different types of Ammo - no luck -- Don't see any other issues like this one on the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Strange problem, I have never had this issue with any of my BT380s and neither has anyone else I have asked. Have you cleaned and lubricated your BT380 completely from its long trip from overseas by boat??

Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
Light strikes are typically either an ammo problem (usually with reloads) or the hammer spring. If you are satisfied you don't have an ammo issue, just replace the hammer spring. Let us know. If you need a gunsmith, highly recommend Wolfgang the Gun Doctor up in Oregon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts