Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My wife and I both carry Thunder 380s.
She mentioned some jamming issue on her latest trip to the range. At home I just racked the slide and cycled through a magazine (2 different ones) . I noticed it would not eject the "round". Since we both have the same gun. I swapped slides. The problem followed the slide. I did clean her gun again and paid attention to the extractor. Visually, I do not see any difference, but since the problem followed the slide in leaning on it being a extractor/spring issue.
Input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Mike, that was smart thinking swapping out the slides to check it out, so is may be the extractor damaged, spring or pin having a problem. If you can not see a problem and you have cleaned and lubricated them I would recommend you replace the extractor assy. You may be able to replace them yourself if you want.
There may be more info here if you check out "Bersa Talk" or "Bersa Gunsmithing", or you can do a search on it.

Good Luck.
Entertainment Font Art Event Display device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony, thanks for the reply. I was beginning to question if I came to the right place. 18 views and 1 reply. Thanks again. I did order the extractor and associated parts. This will be my first time knocking a pin out... Etc. Wish me luck. I have found plenty of instructions.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
You got it Mike, "The best of luck on your first venture in Gunsmithing.." (that is if it is your first). Let us know how you make out.

Again Good Luck.
Tony
Light Automotive lighting Font Magenta Event

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. I'll call it strike one. The pin will not budge. I bent 2 punches. I am following a youtube video.... Working from inside the slide trying to punch it out. This was last night. Today, per tips on the web, I will be Soaking it in some "break free". Also using same diameter Allen wrench (I assume its hardened).
Any other tips would be appreciated. What would a gun smith do in such a case. I would hate to go to a gun smith for a pin. Help

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Michael, now do not take this wrong but since you are trying to punch the pin out from the inside of the slide are you elevating the slide with shims so that when you hit the pin the other side of the pin does not hit the table or what ever you are using keeping the pin from coming out.
I sure hope this makes sense to you or to somebody else that can explain it better. If not sorry.

Font Gas Circle Darkness Display device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries. Yes, there is room for the pin to move. I'll probably try again tomorrow Sunday evening. Thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts