Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all! Recently acquired a Thunder 45 Ultra Compact Pro and really like it. However, I'm not able to remove the barrel from the slide. The 2 tabs on the barrel that surround the 'loaded indicator' are catching on the slide below the firing pin. See attached. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas to resolve it?

Also, I've noticed that the casing from the first shot, when the clip has all 7 rounds, has tendency to tag me in the forehead. This happens in SA or DA mode. Subsequent shots are no problem. Using quality ammo, brass casings.

Finger Bicycle part Wood Auto part Household hardware

·
Registered
242 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum from the coastal plains of southeast Texas. I have the same problem with my 9UC. It's not designed to come straight out. I'm no gunsmith and can't even spell it without the spell check, but I just checked my 9uc against your problem as they are built pretty much the same. The gentle way to do it is to start by turning the slide over, injection port down, ensure barrel is against the firing pin block, then through the ejection port press slightly upward and gently push barrell slightly forward, then upward again as much at the same time as possible. As far as the tap in the forehead with the cartridge, had that happen as well for a short period of time. Break in will usually will cure that, but in the meantime check your grip and ensure the ejector claw kis clean. Hope this helps. When ya' got time, give us an intro.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the Bersa Pistol Forum Popeye 7734, from Ft Worth, TX. Glad to have you on board.

Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts