Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got on this forum and would like to try aThunder CC again.

Several years ago I bought a Thunder CC and immediately experienced a failure with the slide hold open system for the last shot.

I had all the symptoms listed in this forum (ie., failed to stay open after removing the empty magazine; failed to stay open even when manually activating the hold open lever; etc., etc.)

I would like to buy another CC model but do not want to fight this problem again.

Is there any reason why Bersa can not get their act together on this problem? Two repair facilities told me that the slide metal is just too soft in this area and rapidly fails.

I feel that if I bought a new CC and would religiously “slingshot” the slide instead using the lever as a “slide release”, I would still have problems.

Any thoughts?

Trooper Joe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got on this forum and would like to try aThunder CC again.

Several years ago I bought a Thunder CC and immediately experienced a failure with the slide hold open system for the last shot.

I had all the symptoms listed in this forum (ie., failed to stay open after removing the empty magazine; failed to stay open even when manually activating the hold open lever; etc., etc.)

I would like to buy another CC model but do not want to fight this problem again.

Is there any reason why Bersa can not get their act together on this problem? Two repair facilities told me that the slide metal is just too soft in this area and rapidly fails.

I feel that if I bought a new CC and would religiously “slingshot” the slide instead using the lever as a “slide release”, I would still have problems.

Any thoughts?

Trooper Joe
One of my Bersa Thunder 380 CC's is doing the same thing. If the metal is to soft then that problem may still occur in a new one. I did a little gunsmithing my self and filed the area on the slide and on the slide catch until the two surfaces matched evenly. A slide catch from bersa cost $10.00 plus $ 5.00 to mail to you. a new slide cost $90.00. To send your pistol in for service under warranty would cost you but i have no idea how much. I researched on you tube to come to this conclusion for my repair. Numerous Bersa websites do not recommend repair yourself . The repair was easy. I still ordered the new slide catch since it seemed mushroomed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts