Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the favorite magazine for the Bersa? I scoured the web and the only thing available was ProMag from ammoclip.com so I bought one for my first Thunder that I'll be picking up on Thursday. I loaded it to relax the spring a bit and was able to get 8 rounds in it. Interesting ... I'll have a range report and better photos sometime on Thursday.

Reactions: Tony1990

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I have never seen a magazine dedicated only to Bersa. I read a lot of Gun Magazines and at times they have info or stories on different type of Bersa weapons. These magazines and a couple of web sites like this one is where I get most of my info, If this PronMag magazine from ammoclip.com has a lot of Bersa info I would be very interested in reading it.
Thanks
:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
From what I have read about the ProMag Bersa BT380 magazines, they tend to be "iffy". But even those with some tweeking will work. I also read one persons report that he has some and all are fine. If I were to see a couple for the BT380, I would buy them for range use to reduce wear on the O.E.M. I still want a second O.E.M.
Too bad MecGar doen't make them.
I have four ProMags for another weapon. Three have been fine. One misfed once, so they are all marked for Range duty only. (Duct tape on the bottom, marked #1, #2, #3, #4.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have used ProMags in several other guns without incident. I just figured a ProMag spare was better than No spare mag. Good point on keeping the good stuff for carry duty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do have to say that we've had a lot of issues with the ProMag magazines causing stovepipes on the last round feeding. Not having the problem with OEM Bersa magazines. And, it makes no difference if you've got 5, 6, or 7 in the magazine, the ProMag likes to stovepipe that last one regardless. I'll not use them again. Better to spend the extra money for a dependable magazine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a BT.380 and 3 mags, 2 Bersas and 1 Pro Mag. I had to clean weld spatter out of the Bersa mags to get them to work with out jamming. (wouldn't load the next to last round.) I have never had a problem with the Pro Mag at all. I did take it apart, clean it, then put a light coat of oil on it before I used it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have stuck to just using Bersa OEM mags to avoid the possibility of problems. I have 3 eight round mags for all-round use and I have 1 seven rounder (with the little pinky rest for ID) as I keep it loaded with +P SD ammo.

·
Registered
134 Posts
oooo. Nice to know. I had checked their web site, thats why I thought they didn't make them. I'll have keep an eye out for an 8 round model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased two MEC-GAR magazines off ebay for the Bersa Thunder 380. They will hold 8 rounds, the follower is shorter in these magazines. I have not tried them on the range yet, but they are the only magazines I have that will feed the last cartridge in the magazine when manually racking the slide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts