Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in NYS we can't handel a pistol without a permit not even for training or can't even look at pistols at a gun store.
What is it like in other states? can you go to a gun range and rent a pistol, or do some CCW training.

Reactions: Tony1990

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Here in NYS we can't handel a pistol without a permit not even for training or can't even look at pistols at a gun store.
What is it like in other states? can you go to a gun range and rent a pistol, or do some CCW training.
Here in Texas we still believe in the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment. If you can pass the background check you can buy a gun to keep in your home for Self Protection and even transport the gun to the gun range for practice. If you want to carry it concealed you must take the CHL class and pass it, both written and shooting plus another background check. Also you need to be 21 years old.
:cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Pretty much the same here in Louisiana, plus WE can even open carry which the Texans can't! :p Need a permit for concealed carry but transport to and from a range, renting and purchase after passing the background check all are a "GO" here, too. Sorry for your restrictions.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
More info on CHL permit.
Concealed Handgun License Requirements

• A legal resident of Texas
• 21 years of age and legally able to purchase a handgun under the Brady Bill
• Have not been convicted of a felony in any state
• Have NO convictions of Class A or B misdemeanors in the last 5 years
• Are NOT subject to a restraining or protective order
• Are NOT delinquent in the payment of taxes, child support or any other fees levied and collected by the State
• Are NOT chemically dependent or of unsound mind.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have just got my other states permit like Utah, AZ, Florida and we traval alot in our motor coach i think the only way to buy a gun in other state is to get it shipped home?

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I am not sure but I don't believe you can ship a gun home if you to purchase the gun while in another state. Unless you mean shipping it to a FFL dealer close by where you live. I got my first gun shorty after the Air Force transferred me to Fort Worth Texas about 45 years ago and is the only state that I ever purchased any firearm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes shipping to a ffl....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts