Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you CC or open carry now that it it legal, most people carry at places that it is legal to do so. You look for signs like the 30.06, 30.07 and 51% signs so they would not get in trouble. While reading the local Ft Worth newspaper I read an article called "Where can Texans openly carry guns?". It listed the regular places you figure you can not Open carry however it also listed one place I have never read about. It said you can not open carry within 1,000 feet of the execution chamber in Huntsville on the day of an execution. I don't know where Huntsville plus I do not intend to open carry so that is not a problem for me.

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Gas Asphalt

Reactions: N6CRV

·
Registered
242 Posts
I......... it also listed one place I have never read about. It said you can not open carry within 1,000 feet of the execution chamber in Huntsville on the day of an execution. I don't know where Huntsville plus I do not intend to open carry so that is not a problem for me.
Knew about that one even before I returned to Texas in mid April. My rule has become, Always carry, never tell. Even though I support the law for those who choose to open carry, I don't, I won't and I think it borders on foolishness because a person who does, invites establishment management to request that you leave the premises.

Reactions: N6CRV

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have had open carry here in Michigan for years. You just never see anyone carrying open. Guess I will just keep on carrying concealed, no reason to advertise what I have.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In Kalifornication (Peoples Republik of Kalifornia) there is limited "May Issue" concealed carry. I am a retired California LEO, so I am authorized concealed carry in most places (except Federal buildings and court houses, etc.). I was an LEO in Washington State for 9 years, and it was a "Shall Issue" state. I never had any issues with permitted persons having CCW. Like good old Col. Jeff Cooper, I believe an armed society is a polite society. I think open carry is fine in rural areas, but it just gets weird in urban areas. I would rather be unobtrusively armed (not a target), ready to respond with lethal force if necessary. "Surprise! You brought a knife (or baseball bat) to a gunfight!

·
Registered
240 Posts
We have had open carry here in Michigan for years. You just never see anyone carrying open. Guess I will just keep on carrying concealed, no reason to advertise what I have.
Same here. Don't see a need to 1) advertise, thus giving away the element of surprise; 2) IMO, it puts a "SHOOT ME FIRST!" sign on you should you be involved in a "situation"; 3) leaves you more open to someone grabbing your gun and 4) if you are involved in a situation, others may want YOU to DO SOMETHING!!! because you have a gun. No thanks.

Now, that's me and anyone who is comfortable with open carry I would not discourage them. It's a choice. But CONCEALED ONLY is MY choice - same rules.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Same here. Don't see a need to 1) advertise, thus giving away the element of surprise; 2) IMO, it puts a "SHOOT ME FIRST!" sign on you should you be involved in a "situation"; 3) leaves you more open to someone grabbing your gun and 4) if you are involved in a situation, others may want YOU to DO SOMETHING!!! because you have a gun. No thanks.

Now, that's me and anyone who is comfortable with open carry I would not discourage them. It's a choice. But CONCEALED ONLY is MY choice - same rules.

Even though open carry had been legal in Las Vegas, which was my residence until mid April last year. I did not OC, a lot of the gun carry people I knew really did not care for it and quite often, refered to those who did as Cowboys. As stated above, If that's what you want to do, well and good.

9UC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here in Tennessee our law has always been either or for as long as I can remember. We have always had the option to carry as long as you have a carry permit. That is why ours are labeled HCP (Handgun Carry Permit) Myself, I never carry open and never will. Like the 4 reasons listed above by robhic. No sense in making a target of yourself or being challenged by some anti gun person in public............jmho

·
Registered
28 Posts
As a former LEO I EDC but I would never OC. For all the above reasons. Almost none of my friends are aware that I carry, and that's the way I like it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
... I like both.But I prefer open carry... If someone is going to pull something,he is going to think twice since he can see that I am carrying...Just my 2 Cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will carry concealed everywhere I go and to H*ll with the local laws. If they don't know I have a gun, they will not hassle me. If I do have to use it to save my life, I would rather be alive and dealing with the law than dead and legal. So to h*ll with the law. I happen to live in Idaho where concealed carry is OK even without any permit. And I stay the h*ll OUT of Kalifornia! In my opinion, Trump should re-route his wall to wall off Kalifornia along with Mexico.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think it is wise to advertise. The element of surprise is an advantage plus if someone gets close enough he can remove your firearm suddenly and use it against you. I agree with others, if you are walking around in the countryside then OC is fine. If you are in an area where people routinely get close it seems like an unnecessary risk. Assailants are not always alone. Once one has his hand on your gun, the others are free to take you down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts