Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. I look forward to learning from the many threads other members have posted.

I have ordered my first Bersa, a Bersa Firestorm. I hope to receive it before the Minnesota weather and or the Deer season prevents me from shooting.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I am new to this forum. I look forward to learning from the many threads other members have posted.

I have ordered my first Bersa, a Bersa Firestorm. I hope to receive it before the Minnesota weather and or the Deer season prevents me from shooting.
Howdy and a big welcome to Bersa Pistol Forum, glad to have you on board. Please let us know a little about yourself by going to New Member Introduction and posting.

Thank you.

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Gas Asphalt

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the SE coastal plains ot Texas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Howdy and a big welcome to Bersa Pistol Forum, glad to have you on board. Please let us know a little about yourself by going to New Member Introduction and posting.

Thank you.

View attachment 1282
I live in southeastern Minnesota. The deer season will start this coming Saturday shutting down most of my shooting for awhile. My local game warden does issue me a "temporary range permit", that allows me to shoot on my target range, on the days before, between and following the deer season that would otherwise be a no no. It helps to prevent a four to six week no shooting time for me.

The deer are so use to me shooting that at times I have had to wait for them to pass between my shooting bench and the target back stop.

This time of year is when we change from fall to winter. I have an enclosed shooting bench that I can heat enough that I can shoot in relative comfort if the temperature is around 25 to 30 degrees or more and the wind is not out the north and the snow is not so deep that I can't get to the range with my tractor with chains. It has happened when the snow drifts are four feet or more deep. Even the tractor gets stuck then. Then it means I have to use the snow shoes or ski's and that is a bit hard on this near 78 year old shooter. I do a lot of load testing with the pistols and rifles so being able to do some shooting during our long winter helps me to maintain my level of accuracy with the various firearms.

I am looking forward to shooting the Bersa Firestorm. The 380 auto pistols I have now are a Walther PPK-S by S&W and a Browning Black Label. The PPK-S has been a problem from the get go and is on its forth barrel. It is extremely accurate with the Winchester white box flat nose ammo but groups with any other ammo look like they were fired with a shot gun using double oo buckshot. OK for self defense with the Winchester ammo, but otherwise it is not a shooter. The Browning is not as accurate as the PPK-S but far more consistent with a number of different types of ammo. A tighter barrel bushing will help the Browning a lot. I used a temporary shim to tighten it up in the slide and that alone help quite a bit. The Browning is more of a shooter due the locked breech firing type action. Very mild recoil and it eats all the different types of factory and reloads and asks for more.

I also have an Armscor Baby Rock 380 auto on order. Although it is a straight blow back type action, it is a lot heavier than most of the 380's and that will lessen the felt recoil. I figure I will be having to choose which of the 380's I will keep. I sure don't need four of them and any that are problem will not stay in the gun safe long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts