Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy my first pump shotgun for home defense.
Is there a way it can be loaded with nothing in the chamber and the slide unlocked.
For example with the slide closed load the shells and with nothing in the chamber,can you pull the trigger to unlock the slide so if you need it in a hurry just pick it up and pump it once to load a round.
Sorry for my newb questions,i trying to do some research before i buy my shotgun.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I'm looking to buy my first pump shotgun for home defense.
Is there a way it can be loaded with nothing in the chamber and the slide unlocked.
For example with the slide closed load the shells and with nothing in the chamber,can you pull the trigger to unlock the slide so if you need it in a hurry just pick it up and pump it once to load a round.
Sorry for my newb questions,i trying to do some research before i buy my shotgun.
Boy it has been 3 decades since I have fired a pump action or any shot gun. However do check first with someone with shot gun experience but I seem to remember that you load a shell into the chamber from the side and load the mag tube ( not sure what it is called ) from the bottom that way the chamber will be empty.
Sorry if this info is not correct or helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if you got your answer...but there is a slide release that allows you to do just what you're asking. The sound of you cycling the round will be startling to your intruder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wishmaster, I don’t know if you will ever see this but I can answer your question. Mossburg pumps can be loaded from the bottom and then rack the slide whenever you are ready with no unlocking. Once a shell is in the chamber ,to unload without firing you would use the slide lock button to unlock the slide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts