Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the day off to go to the range and fire the wife's Bersa Thunder 32 and had a two problems with it. I am hoping both are related to the Ammo.
First problem are misfires, I can see where the firing pin is striking the bullet but it would not fire. Plus the pin strike looked the same with the misfires and the ones that did fire. I only had 2 misfires out of 50 fired.
Second problem is jamming while loading the next round about 6 times. I had just cleaned the gun so dirt was not the issue.

The ammo I have been using for a long time without any problems is:
Ammo - 7,65 browning 32 auto 73 gr made by Fiocchi/Italy.

Is anyone using this ammo or have heard of any problems with this ammo lately.

Thanks.

Font Gas Circle Darkness Display device

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've never had a problem with Fiocchi of any caliber. 2 days ago I shot 50, 95 gr .380, in my new Firestorm.
Thanks for your input. I usually order 20 box's (50rds per box) of Fiocchi 32 ammo at a time online and even tho I have 4 box's remaining I will try to find some 32 ammo at a LGS. I don't care of the brand, just want to see if it helps.
Got to get this problem resolved since this Bersa Thunder 32 is one sweet firing gun.

Plant Tree Engineering Event Machine

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got 3 box's of PPU 32 auto 71gr ammo, so I will test my Bersa Thunder 32 tomorrow. Hopefully I will find out what my problem really is.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been shooting PPU in my Firestorm .380. Not one F2F, F2E, etc. It's FMJ / 94 gr and $16.00 + tax for box of 50 @ Walmart with no limit. Hope it works as flawlessly in your .32 as it does in my .380.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got to the range and try out the PPU ammo in my Bersa 32. I fired 2 box's of PPU 32 ammo and I had one jam and one misfire on the second box. It was much better then last week. However I believe to be sure I will have it checked out by a qualified gun smith.

A real bummer,

·
Registered
242 Posts
Taking it to a GS sounds like the better idea.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taking it to a GS sounds like the better idea.
I am debating whether to use a local Gunsmith or send it off to Eagle Imports. I will have to check if there are any Bersa authorize repair gunsmiths here locally.
I have been using PPU and PMC as my range ammo in my Bersa Thunder 380 and 380cc for more years than I can remember without any problems. Also use PPU and PMC in my spare carry mags while using Hornady Critical defense ammo in my carry gun mag so I trust both ammo's.
Really need to get my wife's BT32 checked out. It is a smooth firing gun.

Font Symmetry Magenta Circle Event

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eagle imports website has really cheap parts. You may want to look at a new firing pin and spring before getting a GS. Just a thought.
Yes Eagle Imports has low prices on their parts and from what I have heard from other Bersa users, they are a good company to deal with. I got the front sight and slide catch with spring from them for my Bersa 380. I had no trouble doing the work myself. However I do not think I want to tackle replacing the firing pin and related linkage. It is not one of my carry guns but someday I may need to use it so I want it done right.

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Gas Asphalt

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am debating whether to use a local Gunsmith or send it off to Eagle Imports. I will have to check if there are any Bersa authorize repair gunsmiths here locally.
I have been using PPU and PMC as my range ammo in my Bersa Thunder 380 and 380cc for more years than I can remember without any problems. Also use PPU and PMC in my spare carry mags while using Hornady Critical defense ammo in my carry gun mag so I trust both ammo's.
Really need to get my wife's BT32 checked out. It is a smooth firing gun.

View attachment 499
From Eagle Imports web site I find that Eagle Imports do not repair the Bersa's themselves, but farm it out to someone else to do the repairs. They list 4 companies:
1- Colorado Gun Works in Lyons, IN.
2- Reynerson's in Baton Rouge,LA.
3- Ahlman's in Morristown, MN.
4- JGE, in Lott, TX.

Since I don't know anything about these I will have to call them for some information on how they handle Bersa repairs if possible. If anyone has any info on them please let me know.

Thanks.
Entertainment Font Art Event Display device

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I found the problem with my BT32 misfires, while doing a complete cleaning I found a lot of small red specks inside the firing pin housing. I spend a lot of time removing all the red specks out but could not imagine where they came from. I checked with a friend who knows a lot about guns and he told me where they came from. It seems that the red specks are from the red lacquer some manufactures put around the primer cap to seal the primer cap. Now the red lacquer are not on all the primer cap just around the ring. See attachment.

It seems that the red lacquer can chip off the round when fired and melt with the high heat when fired, the chips can then work there way inside the firing pin housing causing the misfires. A real bummer. From now on I will not buy any ammo with lacquer on them.

Attachments

Reactions: Lex

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I Went to the range today and and fired several box's of 32 ammo without the red lacquer on the primer cap without ANY misfires. Made my day.

Entertainment Font Art Event Display device

·
Registered
242 Posts
Glad to hear that you've figured out the problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for posting this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts