Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, like many others experienced occasional nose up jams on the last round on my Bersa Thunder 380. I squeezed the front of the mag lip a little and pretty much solved the problem, but still not 100%. I and others have noted that the mag lips do not match the angle of the follower resulting in the last round being much more nose high than the last round loaded into the mag. It looks like Mec Gar mags look more like normal mags. I was wondering who might have experience with these mags and if it solved any problems you might have been having with last round jams. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Welcome to Bersa Pistol Forum from the Lone Star State.
I have only used Bersa mags in all my pistols, I have 10 Bersa mags since i have a BT380 and a BT380cc and usually carry 3 spare mags. Hopefully someone here has used the Mec Gar mags and can answer your question.

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Gas Asphalt

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not MecGar but I got some ProMag brand for both my Bersa and Ruger LCP. I was quickly told "JUNK!" But I've not had problem one that I'd attribute to these mags. Junk? Hardly. And at around 1/2 the price of the OEM mags, I can live with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
All three of my Mecgar mags have never had a problem. They are so good that when I carry my BT380 it has a Macagar in the gun and and an extra one in my mag carrier. I like the idea of having an extra 2 rounds over the factory mags.

·
Registered
242 Posts
When I bought my first BT380 years ago, extra factory mags were virtually non existent. I bought a couple of the Pro-Mag brand mags and never had problems with them, but due to some forum reports that some were having jamming problems, I relegated them to target use only until I could build up a stock of the 9 round DLX mags. I then round filed them and gave the two factory 7 round mags to my brother.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Will do. I just got them from Cotes for $20 each. NICE mags! Heavy duty steel, nice deep finish. Mec-Gar make great mags! I get my pistol out of jail on Tuesday the 26th. I'll head over to the local indoor range. They have half price on Tuesdays for cops/retired cops on Tuesday!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tried all three Mec-Gar mags in the FireStorm. Worked flawlessly with FMJ and assorted HPs. Getting the 8th round in is tough, as the edge of the follower tail hangs up on the compressed spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts