Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't seem to find a front sight for my Bersa 9UC that I like and don't break. I bought a set from Hiviz, didn't like the rear, was to low. The front one broke after 300 rounds. I found 2 that I wanted to buy, but darn,, they want from $50 to $60 plus for them. So it was time to build my own.
I took out my front sight and drilled it so a light pipe would fit through. I got a tight fit, but the front end stuck out too far and I know it would catch on something, so I beveled the hole so the pipe would fit in better. I liked how it came out so I glued and cut it. Then filed the end smooth. Then re-installed it. I think it came out pretty good. Total time,, bout 2. I had the light pipes that fit my smoke poll.

Reactions: Tony1990

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I can't seem to find a front sight for my Bersa 9UC that I like and don't break. I bought a set from Hiviz, didn't like the rear, was to low. The front one broke after 300 rounds. I found 2 that I wanted to buy, but darn,, they want from $50 to $60 plus for them. So it was time to build my own.
I took out my front sight and drilled it so a light pipe would fit through. I got a tight fit, but the front end stuck out to far and I know it would catch on something, so I beveled the hole so the pipe would fit in better. I liked how it came out so I glued and cut it. Then filed the end smooth. Then re-installed it. I think it came out pretty good. Total time,, bout 2. I had the light pipes that fit my smoke poll.
Great job Hobbles, seems you got your front sight problem solved. I take it you have tried it out on your private firing range.

congrats.gif

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yep. I had to adjust the sight. I'm satisfied with it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, my 2 extra sights came today. I can see having one spare, but what the heck do I need to keep two for?
Soo, out to the man cave,
It was said that it could use some more day light getting to it, I agree, it can't hurt.
I drilled one so the pipe will fit. Getting it all lined up is the hard part. Then I drilled two more holes to gather light. It does look like it worked. Now for the beveled part, it does stick out way to much for my thinking, and I might of took the first one in too much, so I settled on this amount.
I can see a difference. I'll install it tomorrow, we have rain coming now. It does look like I'm done with this project.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I got my weapon sighted in to where I like it, but the wind came up a lil as I was shooting the swinging targets. So I'll try again when the wind is down a bit.
I have the camera on zoom and it kinda looks like there is a trailer on the left side behind the power pole don't it? It's not tho, it's just my sheds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts