Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Bersa Thunder 380 last year and have shot it about 400 times Neither my wife nor I like the combat sights. We are both very comfortable with a 6 o'clock hold. Is there a replacement rear sight that would allow us to use a 6 o'clock hold. As many may know, when using the 6 o'clock hold with the three dot production sights the pistol shoots low, real low! The only solution that I see is to either get a taller rear sight or file down the front sight. I would prefer to not do the latter. Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome aboard from Tampa Bay.
Sorry that I can't help you with your sighting woes. My Thunder shoots to P.O.A. so I've never needed to replace my sights.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I picked up a Bersa Thunder 380 last year and have shot it about 400 times Neither my wife nor I like the combat sights. We are both very comfortable with a 6 o'clock hold. Is there a replacement rear sight that would allow us to use a 6 o'clock hold. As many may know, when using the 6 o'clock hold with the three dot production sights the pistol shoots low, real low! The only solution that I see is to either get a taller rear sight or file down the front sight. I would prefer to not do the latter. Thanks, Steve
Sorry but I don't understand what is meant by 6 o'clock hold. Please explain 6 o'clock hold sight. Also do you have the combat BT380??

Thanks.
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Gas Asphalt

·
Registered
3 Posts
6 o'clock hold means, I assume, that you hold the front post just below your intended POI (Point Of Impact). This means that your POA (Point Of Aim) and your intended POI are not quite the same. With a combat sight picture, the front post goes exactly on your intended POI, so your POA and POI are at the same spot on the target. stevenjay1, I also don't care for the combat sight - I like to see my target POI. Mostly, I've just tried to adjust. If you have the non-adjustable sights, you might try buying a slide that has adjustable sights. Not sure where, though. You might contact Eagle Imports or Bersa.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
6 o'clock hold means, I assume, that you hold the front post just below your intended POI (Point Of Impact). This means that your POA (Point Of Aim) and your intended POI are not quite the same. With a combat sight picture, the front post goes exactly on your intended POI, so your POA and POI are at the same spot on the target. stevenjay1, I also don't care for the combat sight - I like to see my target POI. Mostly, I've just tried to adjust. If you have the non-adjustable sights, you might try buying a slide that has adjustable sights. Not sure where, though. You might contact Eagle Imports or Bersa.
Welcome to Bersa Pistol Forum, glad to have you on board from the lone Star State.

Thanks for the info since I was not sure what he was talking about.

Toy Beard Electric blue Event Font

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some like the combat sights. Some don't. They are on almost all my guns. I'm in the I like em camp myself. I have always covered the bulls eye even with my revolvers. YMMV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts