Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my renewal notice from the State of Texas department of public safety and those guys are sure on the ball. Their letter had all the info I needed on a single page to explain what I needed. I can get a renewal application online and pay fee on line with a credit card. ( being an old guy I get a 50% discount on my fee. ) A "CHL-100" (that is proof of continuing education course completion) is required for the 1st and 2nd time consecutive renewals. After the 2nd renewal the CHL-100 is only required after 10 years starting with the 3rd renewal. However a renewal application is required each time you renew your CHL. Cool. I am now looking for a class close by where i live to start the process.
:cool:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Mine's coming up for renewal too. I think I have to show up so I get another chance to break the county's camera.

Best of luck with the course.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will be taking my renewal test tomorrow, both written and firing (Sunday).
I went to the range today to do some target practice and the place was full. Seems that just about everyone is applying for their CHL so half the lanes were being used for testing. It will be a while before there is an opening in some of the CHL classes due to the demand for NEW CHL's. Renewals are not that busy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good job Tony, Had to look at mine. Here they are good for five years but require doing the entire classroom session over again.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I will be taking my renewal test tomorrow, both written and firing (Sunday).
I went to the range today to do some target practice and the place was full. Seems that just about everyone is applying for their CHL so half the lanes were being used for testing. It will be a while before there is an opening in some of the CHL classes due to the demand for NEW CHL's. Renewals are not that busy.
I am still waiting for my renewed CHL to be mailed to me however with over 3000 applications weekly to process in Texas I figure it will be a while before I get it. I wonder how many CHL's are processed in the whole country????

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wonder how many CHL's are processed in the whole country????
Bazillions ...

I just got notified today to pick up my carry permit. Rhode Island is a nasty place to get one. Just when you have everything that is required, they ask for three more hoops to jump through ... and you still might not get it.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got my CHL renewal license today so it was about 5 weeks getting here.

;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts