Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a jam with my BT380cc and it seems to have damaged the Extractor slot. I believe the slide pushed the empty cartridge into the Extractor slot and thats what made a dent in it. I filed the damaged area with a very fine file and it seems to look OK but I need to check it out. However this is my Carry weapon so I may go ahead and replace the barrel but I am not sure this is a user replacement job. Anyone have an experience replacing the barrel in a Bersa Thunder??

BT380 barrel.jpg

BT380 barrel1.jpg

:cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I feel for you but do you think filing the damaged area could cause malfunction? From the pictures it seems that filing smooth and making sure there are no burrs in the chamber itself would be most important. I might polish with some fine compound and a Q-tip inside the chamber mouth to be extra certain then go shoot the heck out of the gun to test. If it performs OK and your ejections are good I guess it would be up to you how you felt about it. Replacing the whole barrel because of some dings seems like a lot and I, personally, wouldn't know what to tell you as far as it being a DIY project. I, again personally, think I'd feel better about the gun as is doing the slot filing and polishing then replacing the barrel assembly myself.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Robhic, I am not sure if my repairs will work since I have not found the time to go to the range to test it. I have had only a couple of problems with all my Bersa and they were Mag or ammo related. I am sure this is ammo related too because the jams happened while using some reloaded 380 ammo. What did the Ravin say " Never More ".

Tony
:cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I really think I'd go with the simplest repair first. File and polish the nicks in the slot. Replacing the barrel? Whoa, sounds like a LOT more involved job! Try it out and if you get FAIL!, then maybe think about Plan 'B'. Just going with the barrel replacement seems like the biggest expense and size of project to start with. Sorta like, IMO, changing the entire wheel and axle because you got a flat tire! Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts