Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a .45UC as a carry weapon. The recoil is a touch hard to recover from. Mag-na-porting may help. However, unlike other 45s I have, including a 45 super, that are mag-na-ported, the space between the slide and barrel is somewhat pronounced. Does this matter. Who could do the work.
Normc

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I just bought a .45UC as a carry weapon. The recoil is a touch hard to recover from. Mag-na-porting may help. However, unlike other 45s I have, including a 45 super, that are mag-na-ported, the space between the slide and barrel is somewhat pronounced. Does this matter. Who could do the work.
Normc
I have never had any of my guns ( autos or revolvers ) Mag-na-ported since the most powerful gun I have is a Ruger SP101 38/357. Recoil and control is not a factor in my shooting with my 22, 380, 38 or 357. Your best bet is to contact whoever will be doing the mod. Do Mag-na-porting really reduces the recoil enough to improve shot grouping when you rapid fire??????

:)

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Normc
Finally found a picture of a revolver that was Mag-na-ported, looks great so I may try it if I get the 9mm that I have my eye on. No pictures of a auto yet.

image7.jpg

P.S. that is a BPCC 9mm olive drab.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you are using standard 230 grain ammo, try a lighter projectile first. Also, a knowledgeable shooting instructor (not Bubba), may be able to help with your shooting technique. I knew a little old lady, a long retired Army nurse, who kept and shot a 1911. She kicked my butt when I was shooting 38 Specials.
I just hate the idea of drilling the barrel and slide of a perfectly good firearm, especially as a first option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts