Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All (item #'s) correspond to the Exploded Parts View on page 11 in the Bersa Pro Series Owners Manual
How to remove the Disassembly Bar (item #25):
Rotate the bar clockwise until you feel the Disassembly Bar Stop (item #26) disengage from the detent, when you feel this pull the Disassembly Bar out slowly so the Disassembly Bar Stop and Disassembly Bar Spring (item #27) won't go flying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take down lever not working-Bersa Thunder 380

Hello, I own and very much enjoy carrying and using my Bersa Thunder 380. It is a wonderful range and carry gun. I regularly clean and lube it after each use. This morning I attempted to remove the slide and the take-down lever seemed to have no resistance like it usually does. If you release pressure it usually pops back part way. In this case it stayed in place vertical to the slide. The slide was also not released so I could not remove the slide for cleaning. Can anyone tell me please if it is possible to remove the slide without using the take down lever or if there is some other workaround? I suspect the slide stop spring or slide stop or some other spring is either out of adjustment or has fallen out. The problem of course is that if I can't disassemble the Bersa I can't get at the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks,

Clark

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Clark. Welcome aboard from Tampa Bay.
I wish that I could help you out. I'm sure that someone who is more knowledgeable will show up and help you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently had a similar problem while at the range. Take down level would not work only to have the slide fly off while firing. The Gun Doctor in Oregon (Wolfgang), advised gun was unsafe and not to fire. Mine is off for warranty repair.
Let us know if have an update with your resolution. I like the gun (380CC Nickel finish), and plan to keep it. This is our second Bersa (wife has a duo tone Thunder 380 and it is a keeper with no issues).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Even though I ownd 7 Bersas over 5 different models, other than field strip for cleaning, I alway recommend that for that type of disassembly and service, take it to a gunsmith.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts