Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been told that the Hornady Manufacturing company is going to stop Manufacturing the least popular ammo this year in an effort to increase the availability of the more popular ammo types. I am not sure what this means as to my being able to buy 380 FMJ ammo easlier. I have not read anything regarding this and the Hornady site has no info on this. Anyone heard of this and can you shed some light of this.

:confused:

Here is the web site for more info.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...pes-and-150-bullet-types-for-balance-of-2013/

·
Registered
240 Posts
Haven't heard that but will keep an eye out. It does make sense, to a point, I'll be interested to see what types/calibers they stop. Even if just for a while.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so too since the Ammo & Gun companies are really making money these days. Check out Smith & Wesson's profit.

Smith & Wesson’s earnings are out, and as everyone expected, they crushed it. The company’s earnings this quarter are up almost 40 percent year-over-year, and profit margins and production are way up, as well. Yet, after the release of these record-breaking earnings, the company’s share price has dropped almost 3 percent at pixel time. What gives?

First, here are a few numbers from the press release:

•Gross profit for the fourth quarter was $68.5 million, or 38.3% of net sales, compared with gross profit of $46.9 million, or 36.1% of net sales, for the comparable quarter last year. Gross profit improved as a result of increased sales volume, leveraging of fixed costs, and a planned favorable product mix.
•Net sales for the full fiscal year were a record $587.5 million compared with $412.0 million for the prior fiscal year, an increase of 42.6%. Firearm unit production for the year increased by 40.4%.
•Gross profit was 37.2% compared with 31.1% for fiscal 2012.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Smith & Wesson’s earnings are out, and as everyone expected, they crushed it. The company’s earnings this quarter are up almost 40 percent year-over-year, and profit margins and production are way up, as well. Yet, after the release of these record-breaking earnings, the company’s share price has dropped almost 3 percent at pixel time. What gives?
Sounds like a good deal. I'd suspect that it's because people just don't have extra $$$ to invest. Good deal or not ... :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts