Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hay Administrators, Mod,,,,,,,

I have noticed in the "Who's on line" it shows a L O T of guests that are Registering, but hardly anyone signs up, Do we have a problem there????

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
We usually see a lot of guests on the "Who's online" compared to registered users, however I'll check the registration process to be sure it's working properly.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I did get stuck once on the registration process.. I didn't notice the additional "bot check" question after the captcha, however after filling that in I registered properly.. What you're seeing is probably mainly spammer bots attempting to register and failing, along with the odd ligit user that has trouble with the spam bot tools (captcha and bot check question). That's the way it goes when you have to deal with spam though.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just read your private message, your comment makes sense, I bet that is what it is. Thanks for the feed back.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Generally forums receive a lot more viewers than registered members, but hopefully they will find this to be a friendly forum and sign up :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mornin 4Nines,
Yep, most forms do have people and members that will read with out signing in. I was questioning why so many were showing that they were Registering but never got signed up. Then veraderock explained that it's spam trying to log on automatically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts