Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While racking the slide of a non Bersa pistol I got the skin part of my hand just below the thumb caught when the slide slipped before i completed moving the slide to its full rear position. I can tell you that it hurt like a B***h. This is the first time it has happened to me in about 30 years of my handling guns and hopefully my last. If it ever happens again I may start carrying a revolver.

oops.gif

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had similar happen, not a seeming pinch like you describe, but more of a scrape when the front sight slammed back and scraped a line in the palm of my hand. Needless to say I was not a happy boy! :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had similar happen, not a seeming pinch like you describe, but more of a scrape when the front sight slammed back and scraped a line in the palm of my hand. Needless to say I was not a happy boy! :mad:
Robhic I guess you and I will never make the most smartest shooter list any time soon however at least we have never ( I hope ) shot ourselves in the leg while quick drawing a gun. I saw a video of this quick draw artist practicing his draw and he shot himself in his right leg. I do believe I would not have told anyone much less put the video on YouTube....... I bet he won't make the most smartest shooter list either.

cowboy.gif

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tony, I will not even talk about that out of superstition and especially since I carry AIWB!!! I wouldn't be shooting my leg so much as the femoral artery or my, well, you know what ........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Robhic I guess you and I will never make the most smartest shooter list any time soon however at least we have never ( I hope ) shot ourselves in the leg while quick drawing a gun. I saw a video of this quick draw artist practicing his draw and he shot himself in his right leg. I do believe I would not have told anyone much less put the video on YouTube....... I bet he won't make the most smartest shooter list either.

View attachment 367 [/QUOTE]

Tony is the video you was talking about,dude was really lucky.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

View attachment 367
Tony is the video you was talking about,dude was really lucky.
[/QUOTE]

Yes it is the same video I referred to, however it did not have the comments by the guy that shot himself in the leg. I did not know that the bullet went in and out as it did. Sure hope there are no bad after affects.

cowboy.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts