Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,
I have a BT .380 that is holstered in an IWB holster. Wearing this with a standard belt just does not work. The added weight on a standard belt sags terribly. I have investigated numerous web site, each advertising the "best" gun belt. I look to those of you who have an actual gun belt that you are satisfied with and would recommend. These belts look to be regarded as, "you get what you pay for". I am looking for belt characteristics such as hide type, thickness, width, buckle, warranty, etc.
JJC

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I use a standard belt, not one that is designed to carry a pistol with. I got it at local clothing store. It is made by Dickies out of Genuine Leather (whatever that is), about 1 1/4'' wide less than a 1/4" thick but very stiff. It is also reversible, black and brown. It works great and has been for over a year, Plus half the price of a gun belt.

Tony

Reactions: 9UC

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wear the BT380 owb, so even after a while the Dickies sag and due to having narrow hips for my 200+ lb frame I have problems keeping the pants up where I want them, so I finally "fixed" the problem by going the suspender route. I buy the wide Wally World version and modify the front clamps to widen the bite a bit and clamp them onto a standard thickness belt and pants for a solid fit.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Sorry but I forgot what may be your problem, if your belt sagged like my first belt did while carrying my BT380, do check your belt loops on your pants. I discovered the pants I was buying 5 belt loops which left a big space between loops, so the next time I went to buy pants I checked the belt loops and found a some of them had 8 belt loops which I got and my sagging problem went away. I can now carry my BT380, a bunch of work keys on a loop, my wallet, cell phone, car keys, loose change and my knife in my back pocket without sagging.
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Gas Asphalt

·
Registered
28 Posts
Get a real gun belt. They don't look any different than a regular belt. Possibly a bit wider 1 1/2". A top notch one can be purchased at
D.M. Bullard in Aztle, Texas. Aside from making fine custom holsters, he also makes gun belts. I've had mine for 10 years now and it's still going strong. No sagging Dickies, that's for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts