Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had purchase a BERSA 380 S. A. A while back and only used it to qualify for a CHCL. Training.After completion, I had attempted to clean this weapon, only i was not able to do so. For some reason, The slide will not release and i have followed all instructions to its fullest. I am so confused. Can anyone help me out here ?

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I had purchase a BERSA 380 S. A. A while back and only used it to qualify for a CHCL. Training.After completion, I had attempted to clean this weapon, only i was not able to do so. For some reason, The slide will not release and i have followed all instructions to its fullest. I am so confused. Can anyone help me out here ?
Hi Garygale1, and a big welcome to Bersa Pistol Forum, glad to have you on board. Please let us know a little about yourself by going to New Member Introduction and posting. Thanks.

Maybe this will help you remove the slide for cleaning, if not let us know.

Dismantling after firing: Hold the pistol with the shooting hand (Figure 1). With the other hand, grasp
the grooved surface at the rear of the slide and pull it back. Press disassembly piece nr. 21 and the slide
will go back again to a second stop (Figure 2). The lift the slide and pull (Figure 3).

Reassembly: Put the spring around the barrel. Hold the pistol with shooting hand.
Keep the disassembly piece down (Figure 3), and release it.
Figure 1 Figure 2 Figure 3

Sorry there was a picture included but could not copy it. I will try to find another way to send it or maybe a you tube video.
Tony

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mornin Garygale1,
I have the 9UC and mine won't come apart unless I remove the mag.
Just trying to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your info, on the Bersa 380 pistol. How ever, I was not able to get the slide off. I have tried everything, and i had not taken this gun to a Gun shop. Where they also was not able to disassemble or remove the slide as well. What should i do at this point ? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had taken this 380 to a gun shop and they where could not remove the slide as well. Waiting for an answer on this matter. Please advise

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I had taken this 380 to a gun shop and they where could not remove the slide as well. Waiting for an answer on this matter. Please advise
Here is some info on sending your Bersa 380 back to Bersa for warranty Work and where their repair sites are. Hope this helps.

All BERSA, METROARMS CORPORATION (American Classic, MAC, SPS), and COMANCHE pistols and revolvers in need of service must be sent directly to one of our warranty repair centers listed below. Before you send a new Bersa in for repair please be sure to use standard ball ammunition during the break-in period (200-300 rounds). Proof of Purchase is required for all Comanche Revolvers and Super Comanche Pistols. Warranty work cannot begin without your proof of purchase for these models.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND FIREARMS TO THE NEW JERSEY OFFICE FOR REPAIR, this will only delay your repair, as there is no gunsmith at this facility.
Send your firearm, magazine, copy of photo ID, FFL (if a dealer), and a brief note with your contact information and a description of the problem. Do not send ammunition. You are responsible for the shipping costs to send your firearm in for repair. Only FFL holders may ship via USPS, all others must use UPS or FedEx.
For your records please write down your serial number before shipping.
Colorado Gun Works, 2333 State Road 67 South, Lyons, IN 47443
Tel: 812-659-4867
email: [email protected]
Ahlman's, 9525 W. 230th Street, Morristown, MN 55052
Tel: 507-685-4243 or 4244 Fax: 507-685-4280
JGE, 156 CR 305, Lott, TX 76656
Tel: 254-749-7940
The Gun Doctor, 60690 Stoney Point Drive Rd., Vernonia, OR 97064
Tel: 503-429-7342
Please visit the "Shipping/Repair Info" page of The Gun Doctor's website, Shipping_Repair Info for useful, legal & money-saving tips before shipping your pistol.
Bersa firearms can also be serviced by Gander Mountain. Gander Mountain locations can be found at Gander Mtn ? We Live Outdoors | Free shipping on all orders. Please call Gander Mountain before sending or bringing your firearm in for repair. Gunsmiths are at limited Gander locations.
If you have any questions, please visit us on the web at: Home - BERSA by Eagle Imports or email us at: [email protected] Many questions can be answered with our FAQs.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Haven't heard of this happening previously, so please post the results sending to a warranty center.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts