Bersa Pistol Forums banner

Forum idea.

6K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
Mornin all,
I don't see a "search" on the forum page, I do see one on the "home" page but it should also be on the forum page.
Most of us have a Bersa, but we all have other weapons and need a forum besides the "Other Handgun" one.
How about a "long gun" and or a "carbine" forum so we can discuss them. This site is a little too restricted for a gun site.
I just picked up a Hi-point 995TS that I am impressed with. Anybody else have one or is interested in one that wants to talk about them?

See less See more
Reactions: Tony1990
#4 ·
Cool, it's a start.

#5 · (Edited)
My Compensator arrived and it looks good on the weapon.

Not a bad weapon and setup for under $350.
Hi-point makes mag holders for the 995 but I hear the mags will fall out if used in a rough situation, like having it on my atv. (I didn't make these with flaps on to hold the mags in place, so I made another set)

so I made my own holders.

#6 ·
If you have FTF's adjust the mag like this

and make sure the rounds look like this

not like this.

I was adjusting the scope from my pistol range (21 feet) before I moved out to the rifle range. These all have two rounds in them. I'm impressed with this weapon.

#8 ·
Morning Tony.
One of the gun shops here in town had it for sale for $259.00. We settled on $243.00. I added the Compensator, scope, sling, two mags and the bi-pod.

My story,
Ya know Boys, I can take out the trash and the dog will just lay on the couch and not move. But if I grab my weapon, and she's not even in the same room, she hears it and I ain't going out the door with out her tagging along. I think she likes to laugh at me when I miss.

Anyway, I am getting used to the holographic scope. I could not co-witness it with the front sight so I took off the sight and use the scope like it's supposed to be used.
To get used to it I will fire one round then put the weapon down and use my binoculars to check the POI. That way I am re-sighting my weapon every time I fire it.
If you look at the left side of the targets, you can see the green sight I am using to line up on the target. The circles are 4 inches round and the targets are 100 feet away. I have to shoot through my pistol bench as you can see.

There are 10 rounds in each target and my pattern isn't bad, but,, there darn near always is at least one round that I don't get lined up right and will end up out side or the circle. Now I am getting better, but I'm not there yet.

#12 ·
Morning admin,
I suggested/asked over a month ago if we could ad some subjects to the forum list, I see nothing has been done as of yet. We need more options that we can post about. We have a few guests stop by and read the old posts, but don't seem to ad anything to them. We need more options to get their attention. Deer season is getting ready to start, that should help get a "Hunting" section started.
I see you are an Administrator on here, but you say "Odd but I think I (can ask) to have it somewhere more visible". I don't understand that one.
I have been an Administrator and it was my job to fix what the members asked for. I would contact the host for help till I learned the program and they would help in any way I needed, but it was 3 other Administrators and me that ran the board.
Thanks for pointing out where the search was. I seen that, but the "Google" threw me off. It's fine where it is, I'm just a little slow some times.
Question: Are any of the "fix it" Administrators members on here or are they just the host crew? Do they have weapons?? Do they shoot ???
You have a good moderator on here, Tony really tries to get the board moving, but he needs help, he also needs a raise.

#13 ·
After noon Ross,
That's lookin good!!

#15 ·
Hi Admins.
Don't want to rush anybody, I mean it's only been over a month since we asked for help on the board. Maybe these can help in some way.
Blue Font Handwriting Parallel Rectangle
Font Handwriting Parallel Electronic device Paper

#16 ·
World-Class Support

Customers using vBulletin 4.2 benefit from our best-in-class support.

Support must be on vacation.

#17 ·
Counter suggestion for the new forums, Rifle or long gun area, Old guns of the west or Military weapons, Home defense area or reloading ammo. Or where is the best places to buy ammo and where to shoot. So what do you want to see and in what order. Soon as I hear back I can get the new sections put up.

Kyle

#18 ·
Here is my 2 cent.
Home Defense
Rifle and long guns
Reloading Ammo
Gunsmithing
Gear and accessories
Concealed Carry
Local hunting
Old western and Military guns

Anyone else want to put their 2 cent in?
Tony1990

#19 ·
Mornin Tony,
I think that gives us more to post about, I like it.
Good luck.

#21 · (Edited)
Mornin Lee.
How about a "General Discussion" Section (parent forum) so we can keep this a Bersa forum but let members discuss other interests pertaining to fire arms.
(It would help if the members and guests on here would posts commits now and again)
Under the "General Discussion" Section, it would be nice to ad Tony's ideas as sub sections (child sections). That way I feel like it would help keep the members interest and keep the board clean looking.

**General Discussion**

Home Defense

Rifle and long guns

Reloading Ammo

Gunsmithing

Gear and accessories

Concealed Carry

Local hunting

Old western and Military guns

Tony will need permission to move members post's, members sometimes post in the wrong place and it would be easier on the Admins if the board Mod can keep it organize.

You Might want to ad a "MOD" section where the Mods and the Admins can discuss these things in private. Members are not interested in the forum's construction.

Again, to the members and guests, It would be nice to hear from y'all.

#22 ·
On a side note,
The main thing any board or member should remember is that "there is no dumb question". We all should be here to help other members with their questions and do it in a nice, friendly way.

Remember what it was like the first time you turned on your first computer, and the questions you asked others?? My first computer was in 1990, using Windows 3.0 and Dos 5. Man did I ask some strange questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.