Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning a couple of my BT380 magazines and I found several of them have grouges on the part of the Feeder Platform that indicates no more bullets in the magazine and locks the Slide in the rear position. I filed them smooth but plan on replacing them since most of my magazines are several years old with a bunch of use and everythings else seems to be adjusted correctly.. I checked Eagle Imports (Bersas parts site) and they are out of them. They only cost $3.00 but are out of stock. If anyone knows where I can get some BT380 Feeder Platform please let me know.
:confused:

Again Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While cleaning a couple of my BT380 magazines and I found several of them have grouges on the part of the Feeder Platform that indicates no more bullets in the magazine and locks the Slide in the rear position. I filed them smooth but plan on replacing them since most of my magazines are several years old with a bunch of use and everythings else seems to be adjusted correctly.. I checked Eagle Imports (Bersas parts site) and they are out of them. They only cost $3.00 but are out of stock. If anyone knows where I can get some BT380 Feeder Platform please let me know.
:confused:

I tried out my repaired magazines this last weekend and they all worked great so the Feeder platforms are repairable if you are careful and not take too much metal off. I do plan to get new feeder platforms when I can.
:cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Out of curiosity, how old were they to get dinged up to where they needed filing? And do you think your ammo was the culprit? Brass could ding metal (I assume...)?

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Out of curiosity, how old were they to get dinged up to where they needed filing? And do you think your ammo was the culprit? Brass could ding metal (I assume...)?
My magazines are about 5 years old and had about 3K-4K rounds put thru 3 magazines. I never noticed them before and only noticed them since I have been using any type of ammo I could find. Including the PPU FMJ. Before that I only used PMC bronze FMJ 90gr. Needless to said I hope the PMC bronze ammo becomes more available. There are a few sites that email me when they get some however if you don't see the email and respond quickly they are sold out. A real bummer.
:( feeder platform 2.jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts
My magazines are about 5 years old and had about 3K-4K rounds put thru 3 magazines. ... There are a few sites that email me when they get some however if you don't see the email and respond quickly they are sold out. A real bummer.
Just a thought: is it possible that the spot on the mag follower was caused by it hitting something? Something not ammo-related or in the gun? Got dropped? Just trying to think because that's a pretty good mark in the picture and I find it hard to conceive of ammo (or whatever) causing that.

And I know what you mean about those ammo notifications. I had the same thing happen to me! The people getting the ammo MUST check their computers all day long. Sorry, ammo is hard to find but I ain't gonna be a slave to my computer!!! :D

BTW, I just found some 380 ammo at "Ammo to Go" Ammo To Go : Your one stop for all of your ammunition needs! so you might check. Not robbery prices and PRVI ammo in 50 rd boxes.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The picture is misleading unless you compare a BT380 magazine to the picture. There is a ledge (for lack of the correct name) on the magazine feeder platform that locks the slide back when the magazine is empty, and there are a few burrs on this ledge.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a thought: is it possible that the spot on the mag follower was caused by it hitting something? Something not ammo-related or in the gun? Got dropped? Just trying to think because that's a pretty good mark in the picture and I find it hard to conceive of ammo (or whatever) causing that.

And I know what you mean about those ammo notifications. I had the same thing happen to me! The people getting the ammo MUST check their computers all day long. Sorry, ammo is hard to find but I ain't gonna be a slave to my computer!!! :D

BTW, I just found some 380 ammo at "Ammo to Go" Ammo To Go : Your one stop for all of your ammunition needs! so you might check. Not robbery prices and PRVI ammo in 50 rd boxes.
Ammo to go: No PMC 380 ammo but has plenty in stock of the PMC Bronze 50 cal 660Gr ammo for only $49.95 for a 10 rd box.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At $5.00 per round I don't know if I would want to throw them..... I would probably just put them on the table by the front door so if someone was to break into my home would see the 50 cal ammo on the table and decide their 9mm was no match for what I had and leave quickly.

:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts