Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bersa Thunder .380 After shooting 150 rounds it failed to fire. The hammer was cocked, but there was no tension on the trigger, pull the trigger and nothing happened. Dropped the mag a couple times and it reset and fired one round then the same thing happened. Even after resetting into DA no tension on the trigger. removed the grip and checked the springs- everything looked good. Even when it resets and drops the hammer, the trigger will not reset forward.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you took off the slide and took a picture of what it looks like "under the hood" someone may be able to spot something out of place.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My first suggestion would be to make sure the magazine is seated well. Tap it with your palm to make sure. If the mag isn't ALL the way in it will keep the safety engaged and the trigger will act like the safety is on or no mag is inserted. Mine did that a couple of times. A good smack upward might do the trick! As Quiksdraw says, take off the grips and look to make sure all linkage is connected and, again, the mag is contacting the disconnect bar and engaging the trigger group. Maybe the magazine retainer assy is hung or a bad spot on the mag where they meet?

Just IMO, but if the gun has been operating well before, it could just be something simple. Ain't that always the way? :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
qwiksdraw, thanks to late. I brought it to Gander mountain, they will send it to their gunsmith. $45.00 to ship. One of the guys working at Gander was walking by as I was filling out the paper work and said another Bersa - trigger right-- I said yes- he said I would have thought they would have taken care of that by now. Also I see here people say it was shipped back to the factory. The factory is in Argentina. These guns are imported by Eagle imports in New Jersey. You have 5 gunsmiths in different state plus Gander Mountain you can send the gun to for Warranty. You would think they would use one central repair center. You can read other threads discussing the same trigger problem. You shouldn't have to repair a new gun. I've had minor issues with my other guns, but when you called about it there was a support system. With Bersa it's just pay the shipping and send the gun to some unknown person. This whole event is disappointing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robhic, I did remove the grips and check the springs. I also checked the mag and the linkage-- no luck ---thanks I'll let you know the outcome . they are saying 3-4 weeks

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
qwiksdraw, thanks to late. I brought it to Gander mountain, they will send it to their gunsmith. $45.00 to ship. One of the guys working at Gander was walking by as I was filling out the paper work and said another Bersa - trigger right-- I said yes- he said I would have thought they would have taken care of that by now. Also I see here people say it was shipped back to the factory. The factory is in Argentina. These guns are imported by Eagle imports in New Jersey. You have 5 gunsmiths in different state plus Gander Mountain you can send the gun to for Warranty. You would think they would use one central repair center. You can read other threads discussing the same trigger problem. You shouldn't have to repair a new gun. I've had minor issues with my other guns, but when you called about it there was a support system. With Bersa it's just pay the shipping and send the gun to some unknown person. This whole event is disappointing.
Geeman, did the Gander Mountain guy tell you what caused the problem?? what do you mean "Even when it resets and drops the hammer, the trigger will not reset forward. " I know you sent it in for repairs but I don't remember a lot of Trigger problems. Please keep us updated when you get your gun back. I just hope they tell you what they found and not say only that it was repaired. Eagle Imports Inc. is Bersa's exclusive representation in the Unites States. To contact Eagle Imports call their their office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30 EST, we have no automated system, but real, live customer service representatives ready to assist you.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tony, what I mean is on the occasion that the hammer drops after pulling the trigger... the trigger hangs up half way... doesn't return fully. You have to push it forward.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Finally received my .380 thunder back. I got it back form Reynersons to Gander Mt. in about 6 weeks. There was no report on what was wrong with it, but I believe it was the magazine safety not fully engaging. Now I have a solid click when the mag is installed. I have put about 500 round through it since I got it back with no problems. I find the pistol small enough and light enough to carry concealed. It is very accurate at about 10 yards and it's enjoyable to shoot at the range with minimal recoil. Customer service with eagle importers was good. The problem I had was talking to Reynersons, there was some confusion as they were going through a ATF inspection, but in the end everything worked out.
Read my later post --pistol failed again-- sending it back

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New update...went to the range today, after firing about 35 rounds ---trigger failed again. Pistol will fire round and eject casing, cocks hammer.. pull trigger.. no tension... nothing . reseat magazine nothing .... if you keep banging on magazine it may fire , then goes back to no tension at trigger. What a disappointment.. I will call customer service at Eagle importers...and they will tell me to send the gun to one of there many gunsmiths... WOULD YOU EVER TRUST THIS GUN AGAIN... i JUST WISH THEY WOULD RETURN MY MONEY.. THIS IS SUCH A SHAME.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts