Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 380cc for the wife last Christmas and she loves it. I like it too, but wanted an extension for the short handle like a lot of other folks. So, I contacted Bersa directly in regards to fitment of the Thunder 380 9-round extended capacity magazine with a Thunder 380cc (THUN380DLXBMAG). They confirmed that it does actually fit and function correctly with the exception of the bottom piece extending beyond the rear of the 380cc grip. So, I bought one and confirmed that it does function perfectly. Being curious, I decided to slide the little cover plate off the top of the bottom piece and saw that the area that extends beyond the back of the grip is a hollow cavity behind another cavity that contains the follower and spring. With it inserted in the grip, I made marks on the bottom piece at the point where it was flush to the back of the grip. I then removed it and took the little cover plate off and proceeded to use an Exacto knife to cut off the excess area off the bottom piece following the slight curve of the grip. I inserted it again and confirmed the alignment of my cutting, then slide the little cover plate back on and made a mark on it to match the new shortened bottom piece. I pulled it back out and cut it, then slid it back in place to confirm fitment. With the magazine out and the shortened cover plate in place, I filled the remaining small open cavity left exposed by my modification with 10-minute epoxy and after it fully hardened, I filed it down to match the shape and contour of the bottom piece when inserted in the grip. The very last step was to 'stain' the gray colored epoxy with a black Sharpie permanent marker and it looks like it was made specifically for the 380cc and functions perfectly! Sorry, I didn't take photos as I performed the modification, but hopefully my detailed explanation along with the photos of the final product will help those who'd like to tackle this project.
DSCN0727.jpg DSCN0729.jpg DSCN0730.JPG DSCN0734.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have inspired me to try this, I am super jealous. I am by no means a gunsmith, but magazinesmith? I can give that a shot. I love this little gun but it needs grip for my pinky and why not add capacity? In the attached picture, what is in the yellow circle? You said you saw a hollow cavity but it looks like something is there. Did you just cut though it?

9 round mag.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have inspired me to try this, I am super jealous. I am by no means a gunsmith, but magazinesmith? I can give that a shot. I love this little gun but it needs grip for my pinky and why not add capacity? In the attached picture, what is in the yellow circle? You said you saw a hollow cavity but it looks like something is there. Did you just cut though it?

View attachment 1706
To be honest, it's been a while, so I don't recall. It had no effect on my modification though. Just take your time and use a sharp exacto-type knife and carefully make your measurements and marks before cutting. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts