Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted another magazine for my new Thunder 380 and couldn't find a 7-rounder anywhere. So for $18 I got a ProMag and have yet to try it. Seems I remember some posting about a problem(s) with the Pro Mag mags? It is mainly to satiate my laziness at the range :eek: so I don't have to reload every 7 rounds!!!

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I wanted another magazine for my new Thunder 380 and couldn't find a 7-rounder anywhere. So for $18 I got a ProMag and have yet to try it. Seems I remember some posting about a problem(s) with the Pro Mag mags? It is mainly to satiate my laziness at the range :eek: so I don't have to reload every 7 rounds!!!
I had several non-Bersa magazines I got "off the rack" and I had nuthing but trouble with them. I threw them away and have had no more misfeeds with Bersa magazines. Now maybe there are non-Bersa magazines that are great but you will have to try them to check if they work. At $18 per magazine instead of $32 per magazine it would be great.
:cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had several non-Bersa magazines I got "off the rack" and I had nuthing but trouble with them. I threw them away and have had no more misfeeds with Bersa magazines. Now maybe there are non-Bersa magazines that are great but you will have to try them to check if they work. At $18 per magazine instead of $32 per magazine it would be great.
That was my thinking. And the Bersa mags I got before were $35 each! This ProMag looks pretty good. All steel, follower and all, and made in the USA. A magazine that size and all looks like it should be pretty easy to make decent! I mean, how hard can it be? Gonna shoot it next week and see.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
my 2 pro mags worked as targets better. Than in the gun. I now only use Bersa mags period.

I have couple of the 8 round CC mags and they work fine in my Thunder. I think its the CC mags their using in the new Combat Thunder.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far (around 50 rds) the ProMag magazine worked without issue. I used it last week and it seemed to be OK. In fact, so much so that I ordered a ProMag 6rd mag for my new (to me) Ruger LCP that I bought. Same deal, it was around $18 instead of the $22 for a Ruger OEM. Not as big of a price difference but I was curious to try another ProMag for future reference ....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I jusr purchesed a new Bursa 380 cc for my wife. I have a glock 26 that she feele is to large for hand, My son owns a Bersa pc9. She really liked the trigger on the Bursa, I'm having problems finding mags for it that a poor person can afford. Does anybody have any place that I could pick a couple them? Thanks in advance. John Scott Omaha,Nebraska I would like to save a few $. But if not we will just have to buy the $60.00 ones.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The three ProMags (from Academy) I have for my BT380 get more use at the range than my Bersa mags (which are my carry mags) and they have not given one problem. I also have 3 MecGAr mags because you get an extra round.

You can't too many mags.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been more than satisfied with the ProMag mag I bought for use in my Ruger LCP 380. I couldn't tell the difference without reading the logo and the ProMag has the 5 holes in one side straight, not staggered like the Ruger and/or Bersa mags. So far, I'd give the ProMag 7 rd mag I got for my Bersa the same thumbs up. About 50 rds thru it, so far, but it runs fine. For $18 vs $35? I'd go with the ProMag again!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The two 7rd ProMags I bought for my Thunder 380 have worked fine thus far. The ones I just got for my 380CC seem to work just as good as the Bersa mags, although I've only fired 100 rounds through each. But anything can happen at any time. My 8rd Bersa and ProMags fit the Thunder 380. The sales person said they wouldn't, but I've read on some forum that they would. Sooooo I tried them, 8rd mags in my 7rd Thunder 380. Not a hiccup or a burp, not once. Have not tried the 7rd mags in the 8rd CC though. Another experiment for another day when I can find ammo!

ProMags for my Beretta 92FS seem to work fine. As do their mags for my S&W 908. Some folks may have had problems in the past or they heard some guy have problems with them... But I personally haven't had one misfire, FTE, FTF with any of my ProMag products. Don't buy them because I bought them. Hell, I'm not tied to them in any way. Ask your range guy and see what they use. Surely for range guns they must use something other than factory magazines!

Keep your powder dry...
Wagonboss

·
Registered
6 Posts
I forgot to add that all the ProMags I bought had the pinky extension so necessary with our Bersa pistols... and they cost under $25US at Academy in Houston, Texas.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I forgot to add that all the ProMags I bought had the pinky extension so necessary with our Bersa pistols... and they cost under $25US at Academy in Houston, Texas.
I got mine online but they are the same ProMag with extension 7rd mag you describe. The CC version of the Bersa Thunder 380 uses 8rd mags and the 7rd will work. I had one and found it to be so. The "Regular" Bersa Thunder 380 uses 7 rd mag only, no 8s. The Combat and/or another, larger variation uses 7rd (?) and a 15 rd mag, I believe, too.

No problems, so far from my ProMags both for my Bersa AND a Ruger LCP 380 pistol. Seem to be excellent quality for 1/2 the price. (I paid $18)

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Please list the web site you ordered the Promag magazines from. I may try one.

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the ones for my Bersa AND my Ruger LCP from Palmetto State Armory: Search results for: 'bersa thunder magazine'

Some sold out, some in stock. I also had ordered some other stuff, too, so as to make the shipping more tolerable! Mags by themselves wouldn't be that good of a deal. :(

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I got the ones for my Bersa AND my Ruger LCP from Palmetto State Armory: Search results for: 'bersa thunder magazine'

Some sold out, some in stock. I also had ordered some other stuff, too, so as to make the shipping more tolerable! Mags by themselves wouldn't be that good of a deal. :(
Thanks. will order 2 mags to check them out, if and when I get some ammo in ( I have ammo just don't have ammo for target shooting) . I have some ammo coming in from the web but locally only 1 box of 50 Winchester JHP in about 15 store visits. Academy and WalMart only a few box's of ammo but no 380's. Cabela's no 380's but a ton of other types of ammo. Yesterday early afternnon they were still stocking ammo. They had 22-32-38-357-45-223 plus rifle ammo even had 30 box's of Zombie ammo but not for 380.

:mad:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. will order 2 mags to check them out, if and when I get some ammo in :mad:
Check Palmetto State for ammo, too. I find their pricing reasonable if not downright cheap, most times. And they have had ammo (I ordered) a number of times as I needed it recently. Give 'em a shot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Combat appears to use the same 8-round mag as the CC, no finger grip but the base is enough to get a pinky perched on. The Combat had no changes to the frame from the regular BT380 so Bersa 8-round mags should work in place of the normal 7-round. People on other boards have tested this and found it to be true as well as the Combat and CC running the 7-rounders. I have not verified this myself so take it with a grain of salt.

I also know of several people running the Mec-Gar mags in BT380s with no issues. Company states not for use with BT380CC, who knows why. Could be that they have not test fitted them to the CC and could be that they did test fit them and found then unsuitable. They are 8-round mags with a full pinky rest, I have found them for 23-40 bucks. Some background info, Mec-Gar makes most of their money manufacturing factory mags for other companies. CZ, some Sigs, Walther, S&W and Kel-Tec to name a few. Wilson Combat is the mag brand to have for 1911's, everything else is Mec-Gar's territory.

Firearm Accessories Gun Parts, Shooting Tools and Tactical Gear - Galati International Search Bersa Mec-Gar, Blued: $23.95 Nickel: $25.95 I have never ordered from these guys, they had some controversy surrounding a sticker or patch or something that that was on clearance. Caused a few to boycott the shop. From my understanding, they threw out the whole stock of items and removed it from the site but never gave an explanation. Other than that all searching shows that they are a reputable company and deliver goods at very reasonable prices.

BERSA THUNDER : Greg Cote, LLC Blued: $22.95 Nickel: $23.95 Guy has tons of great feedback across boards for many types of weapons.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
The 8rd mags work on my BT380 and Firestorm 380 without any problems at all. My 7rd worked on my BT380CC ( Tried 2 Mags full ) without any prolems but see no sense in carrying a mag with one less bullet. Checked both the 7 & 8rd mags and the only difference I see is that the 8rd mag has an extra view hole in it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts