Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken my new thunder 380 out to the range three time. Each time I put approximately 100 to 150 rounds through it. When I am done, the safety lever is very difficult to move. I take the gun home, remove the slide and clean what I can get to. After reassembling, the safety is still fairly hard to move. I have to work the safety ~100 times before it really moves easily. Is this normal?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Normally that problem goes away as the number of rounds down the tube increases. If the problem persists, I would suggest take it to an authorized gunsmith.

·
Registered
240 Posts
In the spirit of "Keep It Simple" - have you oiled the safety lever? Look through the forum. There are a couple of posts/threads on disassembling. If I remember correctly, the safety/de-cocker bar (switch) just slides out of the slide, itself. I seem to remember mine once starting to come out on its own! I pushed it back in and no problems. Check if it doesn't just slide out. Clean, lube, re-install and you should be good, IMO.

Take a look here: YouTube docv73 This guy does a excellent video of total disassembly. I found it in a thread where I had the same issue you're experiencing!!! And yes, the lever fell out on its own. I cleaned, lubed and stuck it back in - FIXED!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
image.jpeg

Thank you. Not sure if the image uploaded, but I disassembled the upper receiver, and pulled out decocking lever. It had what looked to be significant wear. Maybe from the bottom of the firing pin? Maybe that is not unusual for all the times I have worked the level.

Maybe I should order a new lever to replace and take that lever off each time I clean. It's not very difficult.???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts