Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new BT 380 has,what looks like a "shell in the chamber" indicator on the top of the slide in a small indentation about 1 inch behind the extracter port on the right top of the slide. If that is what it is it doesn't pop up when there is a shell in the chamber. It stays flat in all situations. There is an indicator on my Thunder9 ultra compact Pro that is very ovious and works perfectly. Is this a big problem, or am I overly concerned about no big deal????? anyone???? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
My new BT 380 has,what looks like a "shell in the chamber" indicator on the top of the slide in a small indentation about 1 inch behind the extracter port on the right top of the slide. If that is what it is it doesn't pop up when there is a shell in the chamber. It stays flat in all situations. There is an indicator on my Thunder9 ultra compact Pro that is very ovious and works perfectly. Is this a big problem, or am I overly concerned about no big deal????? anyone???? Thanks
Are you sure it is not the Extractor arm????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it is not the Extractor arm????
Hi Tony ,thanks for responding. My 82 yr old brain finally kicked in and I went to the manual. It's called an "extractor pin". The manual also shows a "loaded chamber indicator" which does not show up on the gun. The gun shop said this is a new model that had just arrived. I'm going to contact Bersa. I really like the pistol. Thanks again. Jim

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Tony ,thanks for responding. My 82 yr old brain finally kicked in and I went to the manual. It's called an "extractor pin". The manual also shows a "loaded chamber indicator" which does not show up on the gun. The gun shop said this is a new model that had just arrived. I'm going to contact Bersa. I really like the pistol. Thanks again. Jim
Jimmy - The BT380CC does have a Loaded chamber indicator which is located on the left side on the slide in front of the safety. Are you sure you don't have a BT380CC manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see now that this manual covers all of the 380's. The CC is the only one that shows a "loaded magazine indicator" in the spare-parts schematic. I just have the regular thunder 380 which doesn't have such an indicator. This little book tries to cover the 380, 380 combat, thunder 22 , 380 CC and the 380 Plus. Thanks again for your help. I'm just going to be extra careful about checking the chamber on this gun. I really like my thunder9 compact pro-- one of the reasons being that it has an excellent loaded chamber indicator on top that you can easily feel without having to look at it. Good guns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts