Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always use Firefox to surf the internet and now for a while I get a "this site not secure" message however I have no problems with Google Chrome. I don't like Google Chrome so can someone tell why. FireFox works well with all the others sites I get on.

Thanks
Tony

·
Administrator
44 Posts
Hey Tony,

The gap in security your browser is pointing out is common on most sites, but Google, firefox and IE has decided to start highlighting it now. It's telling you that the site is vulnerable to a MIM attack (or Man in the Middle), where someone intercepts what you are typing on the site. Since everything you type here is view-able to all, this has never been a thing it made sense to protect against. As long as you aren't typing your password into a thread in plain text, or your bank info, this doesn't affect you.

All that said, we are going to be upgrade all our network over the coming months to HTTPS to make our pages secure.

Niall

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that makes sense. I will continue to use Google Chrome until that time.

Tony

·
Administrator
44 Posts
No problem. As I said, both browsers display the warning but firefox just displays it clearer. Let us know if you need anything else.

Niall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts