Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today and finally bought a new Bersa Thunder 380 Duo Tone. Have a keltec now but have always wanted a larger size in 380 caliper. Got a great price on the gun and when I asked about an extra magazine - cost was $35.00. Said thanks but will wait until a later time.
Any words of advice anybody can give me to help me enjoy this gun more? I hope to get out to the range in the next day or so and give it a work out. Once I am comfortable with it I probally will start to carry in occasionally.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well if it was me Mr.9mmFan I would take it home and field strip and clean it. Lube it up and go and have some fun with it. Good luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baldy - just field stripped it and made it feel at home. Now just have to make it to the range to break it in.
I have Magtech Guardian Gold, 380 auto +P, 85 gr JHP as personal defense ammo. Could not find any info with the booklets to state if the +P ammo is okay to use.
Everyday fun usually use the WWB target ammo.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might want to stay away from the +P stuff for about a hundred rounds. Shoot some Winchester White Box through it. Clean and lube it good and then try some +P rds. These automatics are like your car you got to break them in before you take them to the drag strip. Good shooting.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a nice gun. I got one, and after my mother liked it a lot, I sold it to her.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maverick7340 - thanks for the web sites. Will spend some running through each of them.
Still have to get the time to head to the range.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went out today and finally bought a new Bersa Thunder 380 Duo Tone. Have a keltec now but have always wanted a larger size in 380 caliper. Got a great price on the gun and when I asked about an extra magazine - cost was $35.00. Said thanks but will wait until a later time.
Any words of advice anybody can give me to help me enjoy this gun more? I hope to get out to the range in the next day or so and give it a work out. Once I am comfortable with it I probally will start to carry in occasionally.
BEST for Extra OEM mags at http://www.yourgunparts.com :smt1099

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm new to this semi-auto world. Please explain to me why anyone would scrimp on extra magazines for a life-saving tool like a handgun. It seems, from what I've read, that the weakest link in a pistols' link is the magazine. Wouldn't it be judicious to buy the best for your gun? Your life may depend on it.
Thanx

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I for one just use the magazines that come with the gun for carry.
I use the mags that I buy extra for range use. That is why I questioned the cost for the additional mag's.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice looking grips Lawman, are the handmade by you?
It does dress the BT up quite a bit. I might have to look into new grips after I finally find a holster I really like for it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm new to this semi-auto world. Please explain to me why anyone would scrimp on extra magazines for a life-saving tool like a handgun. It seems, from what I've read, that the weakest link in a pistols' link is the magazine. Wouldn't it be judicious to buy the best for your gun? Your life may depend on it.
Thanx
Your guess is as good as mine, Drummin Man. "Bargains" in gun parts usually aren't. When I carried a 1911, I used only factory Colt or Wilson mags. With my current Glocks, I use only OEM magazines. One of the small advantages of Glocks is the low price of OEM mags, by the way.

The Bersa is a good little pistol, but I like to have at least six mags for any gun I am likely to carry. For the price of the gun (let's say $275, based on prices at gunsamerica.com) plus five spare mags at $35 ($175), I'm at $450. No longer quite the bargain it seems at first, eh?

It runs the same with higher-end guns, too. I had long considered buying a P7 for carry, but the insane price of spare mags (around $50 each) keeps me from seriously entertaining the idea.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice looking grips Lawman, are the handmade by you?
It does dress the BT up quite a bit. I might have to look into new grips after I finally find a holster I really like for it.
These are made by a man named Dennis here is his site,http://www.marschalgrips.com/, his work is excellent, fast order time. The wood on this Bersa
is Bubinga (african rosewood). I also have some for my Browning, his pricies are good ,$47 plus $6 shipping. Thanks Frank

1 - 15 of 15 Posts