Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While surfing the websites for Ammo sales (I am getting low) I came across a discussion on why the Bersa pistols May jam since it is a blow back type of gun. All autos work the same way in that when the gun is fired the bullet explodes pushing the bullet down the barrel and at the same time it pushes the slide backward to eject the cartridge and reload the next bullet. In a blow back pistol the slide must overcome the Strong Bersa return spring and push the slide all the way back to eject the spent cartridge and load the next bullet. The action of pushing the slide all the way back can also push the entire gun backward ( it won’t that much ) keeping the slide from going to the full back position and causing a jam since the spent cartridge does not have enough room to clear the opening in the slide. If you do not fire the gun with Full ARM EXTENSION it May cause the gun to move backward with the slide and not allow the slide to go to the full back position causing the jam.
Now I am not a Gunsmith so I am not sure the information above is correct. This is what I got from reading the articles and in my untrained mind it seems correct.
Does anyone have any opinions regarding this information? I would appreciate any and all feed back.

Thanks

:cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you do not fire the gun with Full ARM EXTENSION it May cause the gun to move backward with the slide and not allow the slide to go to the full back position causing the jam.
As long as you are holding the pistol solidly so as not to let it recoil along with the slide (if not mistaken this is a component or symptom of "limpwristing") you should be OK. Full extension or from a protected chest position as long as the hold on the gun is solid. But you've got the end result correct. Just be aware of it from any shooting position.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great information. I love my Bthunder9 ultra CP, and my B thunder 380, but if I'm going to be in a crowd involving close quarters-- I still carry my Taurus 38 spl. ultralight wheel gun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Blow back pistols are much more susceptible to limp wristing than other types. Upside is pistols like the T380 are huge tattle tells for this while weapons like Glocks tend to mask it. Learning to overcome this will greatly help with accuracy in all pistol types.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts