Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the Winthrop 0193 - SIG P239 holster and/or know if it will fit the Bersa Ultra Compact 9? Retention needs to be good as it is an open top holster. Multi-gun holsters and open top pancakes can be a retention problem.

I own a similar Winthrop for another pistol and really like it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good morning Celem, just finished the "welcome" thread. I personally do not like generic fit or multiple use holsters, Sig fit or otherwise. I have bought two over the years and did not like the fit or the retention and put them in my "round" file. I have learned, through this mistake on my part, the best retention is obtained by the holster being molded to the specific shape of the exact gun you will carry. I've seen custom holster makers post that it would take a little longer on an order than the usual because they had to order the "blue gun" mold before they could even start.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning Celem, just finished the "welcome" thread. I personally do not like generic fit or multiple use holsters, Sig fit or otherwise. I have bought two over the years and did not like the fit or the retention and put them in my "round" file. I have learned, through this mistake on my part, the best retention is obtained by the holster being molded to the specific shape of the exact gun you will carry. I've seen custom holster makers post that it would take a little longer on an order than the usual because they had to order the "blue gun" mold before they could even start.
I agree. My existing Winthrop is wet molded for the LC9S and is a tight fit with great retention. I emailed Winthrop yesterday to see if they would do a custom for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts