Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. I am doing research into a concealed carry 45. I have narrowed my choices to either the S&W shield 45 acp or the thunder pro UC 45. The Bersa in my opinion seems almost too good to be true. I guess I may be a little old fashioned, but the saying "if it seeems to good to be true it probably is" keeps popping into my head. There are a couple things I dislike about the shield. One the stippling on the grip...I want a gun not 80 grit sandpaper. Two 6 or 7 round magazines? Ummm yeah if you could make up your minds that would be great, thanks. Betrsa on the other hand is awesome, I have only been able to handle the 9mm version, but I can't think the 45 would be any less amazing in my hand. Your opinions are welcomed and thank you for the input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same gun in 9mm, and believe they are the same dimensions. I'll just say this, it is not too good to be true. The Bersa is everything owners preach them to be. I personally have gone through about 30 pistols before settling on mine. I have had springfield xd's (various), Sigs (6 of them), Kimbers (worse ever), various Remington's, m&p's, etc. etc. The reason I chose to make the Bersa a keeper (along side a kahr mk9) is the 1. Dependability 2. Lower felt recoil
I could NEVER double tap or put multiple shots on target with any other guns than the pro UC 9 or the kahr. The plastic framed guns want to dance in my hands. Crazy muzzle rise on all others. In my opinion, the Bersa you are considering is severely undervalued and no others can compare to how they perform, again both in reliability and in controllability when in rapid fire. Just my opinions and hope this helps!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Same her on the 9UC, If ya' gotta carry a 45, The Bersa is the way to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I carry the Thunder Pro UC .45 every day, IWB, strong side hip. With a good holster and belt you don't even notice it's there. I have 2 extra mags but usually only carry 1. If I'm not carrying the .45, I am carrying the Full size Thunder Pro 9 in the same location, with the same holster. Used to carry the Pro UC 9, but sold it to my son-in-law when I bought the full size. May pick up another one someday though. Love my Bersas!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts