Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really considering a cc 380 for my ccw. But, the safety is not ambidextrous, and I'm a left hander. Should I stay clear of this, or is there a system that can be worked out for a left hander to be effective?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has any advice on this? Maybe it's a dumb question?:mrgreen:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a dumb question at all....a lot of ccws don't have or use a safety but depend on the stronger first pull on a DA/SA pistol to act as a safety and with proper training and holster it is safe....how important is the safety for you to carry it or you can call Bersa customer service and see if it can be switched or train to release it from right side.....safe shooting.....JJ

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the Thunder .380's have the safety on the left side, but it completely disengages the trigger, so it's really not a great way to carry concealed. The full trigger pull is significant enough that the gun is just not going to fire until you pull it all the way back. In a decent holster you've got nothing to worry about. I have not tried it on any of mine, but I'm pretty sure that you can change the magazine release button from right to left with a screwdriver?

The UC Pro line is ambidextrous but they are not the best choice for an IWB holster.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point on the DA/SA trigger. I didn't even think of that. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm a lefty and have often carried a Bersa Thunder .380. I use the safety to drop the hammer on a live round in the chamber, giving me a first round DA/SA remaining condition. The DA pull, compared to the SA, is long and heavy and works well as a safety for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm a lefty and have often carried a Bersa Thunder .380. I use the safety to drop the hammer on a live round in the chamber, giving me a first round DA/SA remaining condition. The DA pull, compared to the SA, is long and heavy and works well as a safety for me.
Yeah, I like how that works. I carry my Thunder .45 UC Pro hammer down with the safety on over a live round with 7 more in the mag. Pretty serious firepower for such a small package too....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, I like how that works. I carry my Thunder .45 UC Pro hammer down with the safety on over a live round with 7 more in the mag. Pretty serious firepower for such a small package too....
After I use the safety to drop the hammer, I take it off, relying on the DA trigger pull for my safety.

·
Registered
71 Posts
After I use the safety to drop the hammer, I take it off, relying on the DA trigger pull for my safety.
I have a holster that when I fasten the strap it takes the safety off, I'm sure that it was not intended to do that but the snap is located just over the safety lever and when I snap it together it flips off the safety.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm so use to toting my old GI service .45 with it "cocked and Locked" that I hadn't even give much thought to carrying my Bersa .45 with the safety off, but I reckon that would be just as safe as a Glock anyway. But then again there are a few LEO's that now limp because of "Glock Leg".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Think of that as a decocker . The Bersa have a firing pin block . Won't fire till trigger pulled . The long DA trigger is your main safety. Just like a revolver.

Now he my thought and CC is worst. The location of this safety/decocker is in wrong place for a fast disengagement You have to change grip slighty and then Push with thumb foward and up This not a natural moviment like a 1911 safety that sweeps down. This is hard enough to do fast with regular Thunder and made even worst with the slimmed down on the CC , Use a good holster decock and set back to fire. Iam l/handed and have carried my PPK/S and Bersa both ready to go for years . because the Bersa has the firing pin block its also drop safe. PPK/S has no block.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm so use to toting my old GI service .45 with it "cocked and Locked" that I hadn't even give much thought to carrying my Bersa .45 with the safety off, but I reckon that would be just as safe as a Glock anyway. But then again there are a few LEO's that now limp because of "Glock Leg".
Bersa 45 pro is safe to carry safety My son carries the 9mmUC and I used to carry 9UC also. Like stated you have the long DA trigger . Glock is a striker type and trigger is light and shorter More like your single action 2nd shot . Use good holster and keep finger off trigger till ready to fire. You will be fine. .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts