Bersa Pistol Forums banner

Bersa thunder 380 cc take down lever

11K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Tony1990 
#1 ·
I just pulled my bersa thunder 380 cc out and wanted to lube it up, I rack the slide and pulled down the take down lever and now it's broken? It's loose, not really a big issue if I could release it and load it.. any ideas? I can post pics in a minute.

#3 ·
Well I think I fixed it, I was eventually after some pushing and pullin to remove the slide. I was able to lube and put it back together. I'm from Indianapolis, btw I was really in a hurry to fix the gun so I didn't bother with the introductions. It is the gun I bring to work with me, but thanks guys.

#4 ·
Great that you solved your problem. One thing that could have caused your problem is that the recoil spring was not installed correctly. The small end of the recoil spring goes on the barrel first ( which I am sure you know ) but the end with the bigger opening should be at the 12 o'clock position, . Check it the next time you clean you gun.

Have a great day.

:cool:

#5 ·
I have a picture of how the recoil spring should look like when it is installed correctly. However I can not get it to paste on this post. The word Paste does not even show when I click to post the picture. It has a DOC extension. Anyone know how to post a Doc file????

:confused:

#10 ·
Is this from looking at it or from trying to put it on? One end would normally be just a little more snug than the other. Doesn't have to be much, just a tad. Then on the other end, you want the end of the spring-wire to be facing up in the 12:00 position. But, IMO, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

#11 ·
Well when I put it back together, I watched a youtube video, the video said if the spring basically fell off when put on one side, and if it was snug on the other side and didn't fall off (when turned upside down) then it was alright. Both slide off, both are basically as lose. I'll check.

#12 ·
When I first got my Bersa, I got a CC model. It was too small for my liking and I sold it to a friend and got the standard 380 version. BUT ... when I took the CC apart to clean it, I wasn't aware of the spring orientation and just put it back and didn't worry, 'cause I didn't know any better. Never really had issues other than it being too small for my liking! I then happened on a video from a local gun shop who is an authorized Bersa service center and they had a short video. I watched and learned how to put it back together correctly. I tried to get the video to put here but the site doesn't work at this time. If you want to try it, the dealer's name is Reynerson's and they are in Baton Rouge, LA. The gunsmith on staff posted the video.

#15 · (Edited)
Just bought my second Bersa Thunder 380. I got a Plus this time (nickel of course... cuz girls like bling) and had this exact same thing happen when cleaning it. The takedown lever was flopping around and I thought it was broken. After putting the gun back together the take down lever was dangling and it seemed as if it might actually fall out. I was pissed. BUT... when the trigger was pulled... VOILA. Fixed and fine. Have had my other Thunder 380 for about 8 years now and never noticed this happening with it before. IDK. Just glad I did not have to send a brand new gun out for repair.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.