Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a "new" used Thunder CC at a local shop and took it to the range today. On the fifth round of the first magazine, I squeezed the trigger and the slide flew 10 feet down range toward the target.

After some inspection, it looks like the block that's actuated by the takedown lever is moving freely up and down. Sometimes it moves when the lever is moved, but it also moves if you turn the pistol upside down or slip a knife under the barrel and move it manually.

I dropped it off at a local gunsmith, but is that something that is easily fixable or should I be expecting to send it back to Bersa for warranty repair?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a "new" used Thunder CC at a local shop and took it to the range today. On the fifth round of the first magazine, I squeezed the trigger and the slide flew 10 feet down range toward the target.

After some inspection, it looks like the block that's actuated by the takedown lever is moving freely up and down. Sometimes it moves when the lever is moved, but it also moves if you turn the pistol upside down or slip a knife under the barrel and move it manually.

I dropped it off at a local gunsmith, but is that something that is easily fixable or should I be expecting to send it back to Bersa for warranty repair?
Geez, that doesn't sound good. Sounds like a broken spring. I can imagine the headline " Man shoots and misses then kills assailant with slide projectile. I bet that loosened up your sphincter a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.