Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only person that feels the return spring on the Bersa makes it hard to pull back the Slide.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Am I the only person that feels the return spring on the Bersa makes it hard to pull back the Slide.....
No, your not alone on that opinion if you're talking about the 380. I understand that it is because of the design of the gun, seems like I've seen it stated that it is because it is of a "blow back" design and requires the strong spring. I handle it well enough, but DW has some arthritis in her hands and can't operate the slide.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What you are asking about is the "recoil" spring. It is not difficult for me and also, I have a friend who shot it and she didn't have any problems with. She didn't like the 1911 slides though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Strange. My wife and I both think the slide on the Thunder 380 is fairly easy to rack. It may be a little stiffer than some other .380s, but there's a generous, heavily serrated "grab" area that makes it easier.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I can handle it OK but the wife has a hard time with it. We are in the process of getting her a Revolver and the Firestorm 38 revolver looks good. Have not seen one yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks. I can handle it OK but the wife has a hard time with it. We are in the process of getting her a Revolver and the Firestorm 38 revolver looks good. Have not seen one yet.
Take her to the range and rent/borrow whatever you can and get her to shoot them all. It's HER choice.

The "best" gun is the one SHE likes, not anyone else. It will be a compromise of:

1. Fit - It should fit in her hand like she was born with it there.
2. Reliability - It should go BANG about 99.8% of the time she pulls the trigger.
3. Accuracy - In HER hand. It's how well SHE shoots it.
4. Concealability - It should be comfortable enough to wear and easy enough to conceal so she won't leave it laying on the dresser at home.
5. Cost - She doesn't want to scrimp on her "life protector" weapon, but she probably doesn't need a $1,000 Kimber, either.
6. Enjoyment - The caliber and gun should be fun to shoot. If it isn't, she won't practice with it like she should.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea, I will check this weekend if the gun range I use has any revolvers for rent. They do have auto's but don't remember seeing any revolvers. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts