Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who've never seen one...

Disassembly procedure is unique in my experience. Seems apparent the prior owner was not aware of the disassembly procedure because the inside was quite gummy, but it cleaned up real nice. Straight blowback design, fixed barrel, with recoil spring below the barrel. Trigger block safety.

Beautiful condition overall. Anyone with experience with older Beretta pistols will have a deja vu looking at the trigger. Range trip next week.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
The Bersa Lusber 84 looks really difference from the modern versions like the Bersa I use today. Not only in the Trigger but the small recoil spring below the barrel used instead of the larger one around the barrel. Still looks like a great Pistol.
Enjoy your range visit to try out your restored Bersa Lusber 84.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
GonzoGeezer, Is it earlier to rack the Bersa Lusber 84 with this type of recoil spring design as compared with the new Bersa Thunder recoil design??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GonzoGeezer, Is it earlier to rack the Bersa Lusber 84 with this type of recoil spring design as compared with the new Bersa Thunder recoil design??
I've never handled a Thunder, but since it's design is apparently identical to Walther PPs, of which I have handled many, I would have to say I don't sense any real difference in the two designs (except it is impossible to rack the 84's slide with the hammer down). The lack of difference might help explain why Bersa abandoned it when they released the 844 after less than two years of 84 production; that, and it would also have been more expensive to manufacture the 84.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts