Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
when the slide is locked back after the last shot or by me and a new magazine WITH bullets is put in the slide moves forward is this normal ????
Hi tnbersa380owner, that's a very good question and one that I have never seen mention in any of the Bersa manuals I have read. My Bersa 380 which is as old as the hills ( it is so old it does NOT have a key operated Internal locking system ) works this way. With the slide locked all the way back and you push the loaded mag in normally until you hear the click that says it is locked in place, I have to rack the slide to chamber a round. Now if I push the loaded mag in with the slide locked all the way back and tap the mag in place the slide will go forward and chamber a round. This is the way my Bersa works and has seen over 11,000 rounds thru it so I believe if you are tapping the mag in it is normal but just pushing the mag in is not. However I don't see the problem with that. I sure would like to hear from someone that knows more about this. I am not a gunsmith...
:cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't know if it's "normal" but mine'll do it from time to time if I get frisky while inserting a magazine. I've also read of a few (actually more than a few) who have it happen with regularity. I guess as long as it doesn't fire (yep, I read of a guy whose pistol would actually fire when the slide closed after a new mag was inserted !!! in another forum) you could insert more gently or get used to it as a speed thing. :eek: Unless it really bothers you, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I reckon so....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine does if you slam it home. It is actually nicely "calibrated" in that if you push it in gently, it does not chamber, but anything harder and it does. For this reason, I have guest shooters engage the safety when loading a fresh mag. If not, then you've got a new shooter with a cocked single action, ready to go. My $ .02

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums

Reactions: Tony1990
1 - 7 of 7 Posts