Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time I have been testing Armscor Ammo since it is American made at the range. I have fire 15 box's of 9mm 124 gr JHP box of 20 without any problems so far. I may start using the Armscor 124 gr JHP with my carry pistol however I personally don't know anyone that carry's Armscor ammo and I would feel better if there where other users of Armscor JHP in their carry pistol.
Is there anyone out there in Bersa land that uses Armscor JHP ammo in their carry pistol????
Cabela's has Armscor 9mm 124 gr JHP 50 round box for $13.99.
Thanks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mornin Tony,
The main reason I ended up making my own shells was the difference I found in the ready made brands which I found out by seeing my POI change. How consistence is your Point Of Impact? Do you keep a small pattern?? How is your penetration???
First thing I used to do with any new brand of ammo I bought was to mic them with a micrometer caliper to check their overall length.

I found that a cheaper brand around here had a closer length than the big brand names did. I figured that if they couldn't keep the length consistence, how far off would their powder grains be.

How is the penetration?

and a Clicky.

If your happy with that brand, at that price,, buy a lot of box's.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Hobbles. thanks for your input.
My Point Of Impact has not changed much over the years, it is not Quarter or half dollar size but the grouping is good with 8 rounds close together. And that is going from my side to the target 8 times quickly.
I did not think or imagine the bullets could be different length, are you talking about ammo from the same box or different box's. I will check some of my ammo but I do not have a mic so I will try a ruler.
I will not decide what to do until I have fired another 500 rounds.
Thanks will let you know.
Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts