Bersa Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Interesting. I've read other people (some ammo suppliers, some not) say, basically, this same thing. People panicked and hoarding ammunition. When you read some horror stories (untrue) and then go somewhere and see ammo, you buy to have it (hoarding). Next guy comes in (ME! :D ) and sees empty shelves. And the cycle continues. It does seem to be getting better. Walmart the other day had some .38, .380, .45, some rifle ammo and a bunch of shotgun shells. Other than shotgun shells, that's the first time I've seen any other ammo (odd size rifle loads) in Walmart. So it does seem to be improving.

And NO, I didn't buy (hoard) any ammo because I have enough to last me for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate that however Louisana is a little too far from Texas for me to travel just for ammo. I just need 2 boxs of ammo since I only used 2 boxs of 380 Friday at the range. Now a days I just replace the ammo I use at the range because I now have a few boxs as stock.

:cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is truly interesting. as the reason we can not find ammo, Was blamed on the
government buying up all the handgun ammo.
and since they mostly have long guns ( assault rifles ). I wish I could claim I am not hoarding ammo. I would be lying. Now I am not hoarding in the true since of the word.
I only have enough 380.apc and 45. auto to defend from a full scale zombie attack.
I wish. however I do have just enough to defend my home. ( and maybe some left over for the range)
Ammunition is almost nonexistent here in South Florida.
so yes I do hoard just a little. sorry
good article.

Reactions: Tony1990

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was lucky enough to be able to buy in quantity whenever I stumbled upon an online sale a few years ago. I hit a beauty and got 2000 rds of Sellier & Bellot 9mm ammo for cheap. Other things like that and my supply grew quickly. When the "dark days" came upon us, I was ready. I haven't had to buy any ammo (OK maybe some 380 because I bought my Bersa and a Ruger LCP this year) but I paid dearly for it. :( Now I am just using my stock and shooting a bit less than before. I'd still like to find some more 22lr but other than that, I'm in pretty good shape. SD rounds, too! I've got a good variety -- BG's beware!!! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts