1,043 Posts
is the 100gr ammo considered to be +P.

cowboy.gif

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not listed as +p.
I was told +P in 380 was a gimmick. There is no SAMMI specification in 380 so some sell it, but it's probably a sales ploy and not true +P. I've shot it from Buffalo Bore and it was snappy, to say the least. I shot some in my Ruger LCP (even thought they say not to..) and it broke the head of the take-down pin and chipped the corner of the extractor. NEVER AGAIN!!!

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Went by Cabela's on Sunday right after I left the Ft Worth Gun Show and cabela's have PMC 9 mm luger FMJ 50/box for $12.99 sale price so I stocked up on them. Normally you have to order PMC 9 mm luger ammo on line to get the $12.99 per box price but then you have the shipping cost. The Ft Worth Gun had a bunch of pistols on sale but I was in the ammo mode so no guns purchased.

cowboy.gif

·
Registered
62 Posts
Been some squib rounds reported from this ammo Its remanufactured . Right no 380 +P SAMMI says 21000PSI max for 380 Most 380 now loaded a 17000 In other words down loaded as many calibers are now day . Old guns and Lawyers. Corbon I understand load to the 21 ,000 BB maybe just over. I shoot Corbon .

Example how bad its got I have a 1882's top break 32S&W This shot a BP load . I gave up finding some. Check with S&W collectors . They all told me due to downloading. I could use modern 32S&W. That they have for years. I tried worked fine I now have a 100 + S&W pocket pistol for those BarB Q's Bigger bullet 88 gr than 25 auto and around 700FPS Will shoot thru a 2x4 at 15' Not best but not a toy either.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Been some squib rounds reported from this ammo Its remanufactured . Right no 380 +P SAMMI says 21000PSI max for 380 Most 380 now loaded a 17000 In other words down loaded as many calibers are now day . Old guns and Lawyers. Corbon I understand load to the 21 ,000 BB maybe just over. I shoot Corbon .

Example how bad its got I have a 1882's top break 32S&W This shot a BP load . I gave up finding some. Check with S&W collectors . They all told me due to downloading. I could use modern 32S&W. That they have for years. I tried worked fine I now have a 100 + S&W pocket pistol for those BarB Q's Bigger bullet 88 gr than 25 auto and around 700FPS Will shoot thru a 2x4 at 15' Not best but not a toy either.

Hi Bersastud, I am not sure I fully understand some of your post. When you say downloading does it mean that the ammo manufacturers are loading a small amount of powder in their ammo for safety or what.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I have been getting my most of my ammo online from who ever had the best price but it has been a while since I ordered any FMJ 380 ammo. However I am very low on my target ammo so I figured I would check out Cabela's since it is a short drive there and on the way to the range. Boy what a surprise.... PMC 380 FMJ was $18.99 per box on sale and the last time I paid only $14.99 per box. Herters 380 FMJ was $16.99 per box on sale and the last time I paid only $11.99 per box.
I guess I will check all my ammo sites and see what the going price for 380 FMJ are these days. Thanks goodness is still have a bunch of 22lr ammo on hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts