Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I'm new here so be gentle... lol. I have a.380 Thunder and I have 2 Bersa magazines that hold 8 rounds each. I have never had issues with either of them before tonight. One of the mags will not seat correctly when loaded with 8 rounds. It doesn't matter what ammo I use - JHP or blunt nose, the mag always refuses to go all the way up into the gun when loaded with 8 rounds, while the other will load fine. If I load it with 7 rounds there is no problem. 8 rounds - no bueno. If I force it up, it jams and the mag release button is stuck. I have to struggle to eject a round - only then it will function normally again. It doesn't matter if there is a round in the chamber or not

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is a Bersa Thunder 380 A good gun?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my first post since I have come back to Bersa. I have had both a Bersa Thunder 380 & the Bersa CC 380. I really love the CC because I shot PPK's since back in the 1950's. I really like the little 380 CC better than PPK's..Th3 bigger Bersa is equal in shooting, but I like the smaller CC best.
Right now I am looking for a mag spring for my 8 round CC & the little base plate for the bottom of the spring. Where can I get them? I could not find any on Wolff Springs.
To Grace , I am 90 & still shoot, but am using a 380 over my 9mm more. In 380 I have shot & owned at least 40 380's & right now I like the Bersa 380 CC , & the S&W Shield EZ 380, & the Ruger LC380 best of all. Now I am looking for an auto pistol that I can rack & a mag I can load without an Uplula mag loader & a racking tool.The 3 guns I listed the easy ones. Even a PPK is harder to rack than these 3..
gene1

·
Registered
4 Posts
To Grace again, the Bersa 380 CC has much better features than a PPK & I have shot & owned all calibers of PPK since the 1950's The PPK is a lot harder to rack than a Bersa or the S&W EZ or Ruger LC380. The Bersa is a little harder to rack than the other 2. You can make the Bersa easier to rack by putting the safety down & that gives you more slide to hold on to.
When racking the slide , hold the slide in your left hand, with the safety down & on , & push with the right hand. . Let the right hand do the work. The S&W EZ 380 is the easiest gun to rack & load & shoot & is the lightest 380 on recoil to. The Ruger LC 380 is also very easy to rack ,load & shoot, but it does have the long trigger pull for every shot. It is much like a very easy shooting revolver with the long trigger pull.
I still like the Bersa CC 380 very much & with the D?A first shot it is great & the S/A trigger pull is very easy, about 5#.
gene1

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my first post since I have come back to Bersa. I have had both a Bersa Thunder 380 & the Bersa CC 380. I really love the CC because I shot PPK's since back in the 1950's. I really like the little 380 CC better than PPK's..Th3 bigger Bersa is equal in shooting, but I like the smaller CC best.
Right now I am looking for a mag spring for my 8 round CC & the little base plate for the bottom of the spring. Where can I get them? I could not find any on Wolff Springs.
To Grace , I am 90 & still shoot, but am using a 380 over my 9mm more. In 380 I have shot & owned at least 40 380's & right now I like the Bersa 380 CC , & the S&W Shield EZ 380, & the Ruger LC380 best of all. Now I am looking for an auto pistol that I can rack & a mag I can load without an Uplula mag loader & a racking tool.The 3 guns I listed the easy ones. Even a PPK is harder to rack than these 3..
gene1
For racking you might want to look at a Walther CCP in 380 or 9mm. The soft recoil system makes racking easier.
With respect to loading your magazine, since I can't determine how good or bad your hand strength is I don't have a good idea.
Lastly, Charter Arms has just released a 380 six shot revolver at a reasonable price point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Donald, Thanks for the advice, & I have tried about all the 380's made but not lately though. I could rack about anything then. Age does ruin your racking, but doesn't seem to hurt your shooting to bad.
I have had over 20 PPK's since the 1950's , & really liked them, but a lot of the new guns are better than the PPK. It's a super accurate shooter though. I bought a S&W 380 EZ & it has the best features of any gun Smith has ever made. It is also a locked breech which does make it the easiest racking 380 made.

I still love the little Bersa CC & if you put it on safety, then it is easier to rack because you have more to hold on to.. The Ruger LC380 would be the best 380 made if it had a striker trigger like the LC9s. That long trigger on the 380 is very smooth, but long..
Gene

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.