Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and hoping to get some advice from veteran Bersa owners. I have a 380plus that is jamming with some regularity. Today at the range this continued and now the slide is failing to remain open after the last round if fired. Any suggestions on what I can do to Fix the proble?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sorry javzach, I can't help you with the 380. I have the 9 UC.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and hoping to get some advice from veteran Bersa owners. I have a 380plus that is jamming with some regularity. Today at the range this continued and now the slide is failing to remain open after the last round if fired. Any suggestions on what I can do to Fix the proble?
Hi Javzach, first let me welcome you to the Bersa Pistol Forum, glad to have you on board.
Is your 380 plus new or well used. If new how many rounds have you fired thru it. Also what type of ammo are you using and are they reloads. Are you cleaning and lubricating it after each range visit.
By the way if you get the time please tell us some thing about yourself in the new member introduction forum.

cowboy.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Javzach, first let me welcome you to the Bersa Pistol Forum, glad to have you on board.
Is your 380 plus new or well used. If new how many rounds have you fired thru it. Also what type of ammo are you using and are they reloads. Are you cleaning and lubricating it after each range visit.
By the way if you get the time please tell us some thing about yourself in the new member introduction forum.

View attachment 889
Tony1990,
Thanks for the welcome! I bought my Plus about a year ago used at a gun show. Prior to buying it I researched various guns and decided based on my research that this would be a good carry option. People spoke of its reliability which is why I'm so disappointed with what I'm experiencing now. I clean both my handguns each time I return from the range. I'm currently using Winchester 95 grain FMJ Target rounds and when I carry I use Hornady Critical Defense.

A little about myself- I'm a retired middle school principal who after 40 years decided to see another side of life. I live in San Antonio with my wife who is still working. My experience with firearms is primarily deer hunting and the addition of side arms has only been recent.

Any suggestions on the Bersa?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and hoping to get some advice from veteran Bersa owners. I have a 380plus that is jamming with some regularity.
When you say "jam" do you mean double-feed where the empty case isn't clear and new round is being fed when it hits the empty, causing them to jam at the chamber opening? Or is it a "stovepipe" where the empty casing isn't thrown clear before the slide closes on it causing it to sick out of the gun? Does it happen all the time, at certain rounds (as the 5th round feeds or the last round feeds, etc.)? All jams are not the same.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Javzach, answers to Robhic questions could help solving you problem jamming. My Bersa's BT380 and BT380cc will take any ammo you use except the Winchester Flat nose ammo. I usually use PMC, Fiocchi, PPU, Herter's and I carry Hornady Critical Defense. Do try one other brand of ammo just to be sure.
You said " side arms has only been recent" so you may not be very experienced with pistols. Not that this is your situation but something called "Limp wrist" may be your problem. Even if you have heard about it do check this link out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9JhCyFFxA

Tony

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My Bersa Firestorm .380 (California Version of the Thunder BT380) eats any ammo I feed it. I carry Buffalo bore +P .380, and it has a "flying ashtray" hollow point. Also eats any FMJ, Hornady critical Defense, and assorted other hollow points.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts